Senior Associate Scientist, Oncology Discovery
Your job alert was successfully created.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Oncology Discovery, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The candidate will join a drug discovery team to develop cutting-edge therapeutics for the treatment of prostate cancer. S/he will work in an exciting/stimulating environment across the different stages of preclinical drug discovery, from target ID to IND readiness. The candidate will be strongly motivated and dedicated, will show initiative and work independently. Responsibilities include design and execution of experiments and critical analysis of data. Troubleshooting skills are essential. S/he will demonstrate urgency, be organized, have the ability to work well in a team setting, and effectively collaborate with colleagues within and beyond the oncology department.
• Design, perform and interpret complex in vitro and in vivo datasets independently with minimal supervision.
• Conduct general molecular and cell biology assays that could include cell proliferation, RT-PCR, Western blotting, cellular cytotoxicity, cell reporter assays, cell culture, transfection and cloning of stable cell lines, immunofluorescence, ELISA and other functional assays.
• Designing and executing high-parameter multi-color FACS assays.
• Performing immune cell phenotypic and functional assays (ex.: primary immune cell handling, cytokine profiling, phenotypic characterization by FACS, etc).
• Analyze and present data in professional 'publication ready' format.
• Work independently and manage multiple experiments simultaneously.
• Contribute to various projects outside of his/her own and collaborate with stakeholders from all relevant functions.
• Keep up-to-date with the literature related to his/her field.
• Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication skills
• M.S. with 2 years of experience or a B.S./B.A. with 4 years of experience performing independent duties, or the equivalent related experience
• Strong cell biology and assay development skills
• Previous experience with high-parameter multi-color FACS assay.
• Previous experience screening and characterizing biologic and/or small molecule leads
• Experience with graphing software such as Graph Pad, Sigma Plot and able to analyze data, apply curve fits and determine IC50’s or EC50’s of leads.
• A strong background in cancer biology and prior biotech/pharma experience
• Experience working with donor T cells /PBMCs
• Intellectually curious and well informed on the latest scientific advances in the fields of oncology or immune-oncology
• Demonstrated creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with others.
• Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and record-keeping skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)