Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 7168180717
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Pharmaceutical Fellow. The position will be based in Rockville, MD.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases . Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular, Immunology, Metabolic, Mental Health, Oncology, and Pain Management. Please visit www.JanssenPharmaceuticalsInc.com for more information.
The Fellow will sit within Global Regulatory Policy & Intelligence, a part of Janssen Global Regulatory Affairs, and will focus on regulatory policy and regulatory strategy related to pharmaceuticals. (Use this paragraph to talk about the position and what the focus areas will be within your group).
The Pharmaceutical Fellow will:
- participate in inter-company and intra-company initiatives in the Regulatory Science and Policy area and will benefit from deeply experienced thought leaders in the regulation discipline;
- analyze current and potential legislation, regulations, policies and/or guidance to assess its impact on drug development and Janssen’s pharmaceutical business;
- inform Janssen’s response and advocacy related to potential legislation, regulations, policies and/or guidance;
- target information from multiple sources related to regulatory policy and science and analyze it in context to generate a meaningful output (e.g., white paper, position paper, comments to a federal agency);
- provide input into developing new tools, standards, and approaches to assess the safety, efficacy, quality, and performance of regulated products;
- engage with colleagues in regulatory policy, regulatory affairs, compound development, drug development sciences, and government affairs to discuss policy topics with experts in various technical areas of pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, vaccines and/or consumer business units;
- gain hands-on experience in the science and policy discipline with Janssen’s Global Regulatory Affairs department, leading to a global perspective on the pharmaceutical regulatory landscape of the 21st Century.
- Candidates must have completed a doctorate in the life sciences.
- Candidates must be available to work Full-time.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in SharePoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- Candidates with academic and/or industrial clinical trial experience are strongly preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)