Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Oncology Discovery
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 7164180730
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate will join a drug discovery team to develop cutting-edge small molecule and biologic therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. The candidate will participate across all stages of preclinical drug discovery (from target identification to preclinical candidate selection) in an exciting and stimulating work environment that includes interacting with multiple internal and external groups. The candidate will lead science from the bench and will demonstrate engagement, creativeness, innovation, independence, solid communication abilities, critical thinking and strong interpersonal skills. One whom employs attention to detail while aligned with the big picture. An excellent scientific track record, preferably in multiple scientific disciplines, is essential. Experience in solid tumor drug discovery is a considerable advantage.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Design, perform, interpret, troubleshoot, and report complex data. Propose novel and actionable targets aligned with scientific strategy and capabilities.
- Management of multiple experiments/projects and interaction with supporting functions.
- Contribution to projects outside of his/her direct responsibility via collaboration with stakeholders from other functions.
- Initiation and management of external collaborations (contract research organizations, academics).
- Preparation of documents and presentation of strategy, results, project updates, and summaries.
- B.A./B.S. with at least 12 years pharmaceutical research experience OR a M.S. with at least 8 years pharmaceutical research experience OR a PhD with at least 3 years of post-graduate experience in academic, biotech or pharmaceutical environment is required
- Experience in Oncology is required
- Knowledge in Oncology solid tumor biology is required
- Hands on laboratory experience is required
- Experience with basic techniques in the Immuno-Oncology field is preferred (such as ADCC, cytokine release, T cell biology, immune cell purification and characterization)
- Drug discovery experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment is highly preferable
- Expertise in cellular and molecular biology (e.g. cell culture, transfections, transductions, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, siRNA/shRNA, CRISPR/Cas9, FACS, ELISA) and in vivo modeling is required
- Implementation of innovative small and/or large molecule drug discovery strategies (e.g. screening funnels, PK/PD/efficacy correlations) is preferred
- Previous leadership experience (coaching, mentoring, leading projects, people management) is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)