Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 7157180326
Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) have a devastating personal and economic impact, claiming the lives of 99,000 people in the U.S. each year at a cost of up to $45 billion. Ensuring that all surgical devices are properly sterilized is one way healthcare workers can help reduce the incidences of HAIs, and Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) has been partnering with hospitals for decades to safeguard patient health and safety. ASP has a strong track record of designing and delivering innovative infection-prevention solutions, from low-temperature steam sterilization to high-level disinfection, and is a global market leader setting the standard in sterilization.
ASP is looking for a Patent Liaison.
The Patent Liaison will be responsible for:
- Translates strategic plans into broad based initiatives
- Sets objective guidelines to reflect business direction and ensure agreement with established intellectual property strategy
- Ensures all commercially important inventions and products are protected by suitable intellectual property, including valid patents
- Ensures all products/services under development have undergone suitable freedom to operate reviews
- Communicates regularly with scientists/engineers to manage company owned intellectual property
- Coordinates and assigns projects, provides leadership in resolving problems, approves changes and establishes intellectual property project priorities
- Ensures identification, due diligence and evaluation of new patent opportunities by enabling scientists/engineers to effectively work with patent counsel regarding assessment of literature and related patents and responses to examiners reports and instructing patent
- Ensures patent prosecution through continued interaction between inventors and attorneys to achieve the broadest possible patent exclusivity
- Attends and regularly participates in intellectual property and business development, patent strategy, patent challenge and marketing strategy meetings, and presents information as necessary
- Provides fiscal information as input to budget planning, and monitors spending and cost controls to ensure adherence to the department budget
- Conducts patent due diligence, recommend patent strategies, and perform application/inventory patent information reviews
- Works cohesively with a number and range of technical professionals and coordinate/lead team members in analysis of IP problems
- Executes IP processes, including coordinating efforts between inside and outside counsel, as well as R&D, product marketing, new business development, etc.
Assist in developing product concepts, specifications, drawings
- Participate in development projects as the R&D representative and technical lead
- Ability and discipline to adhere to schedules and tasks based on instructions/guidance from engineering leadership
- Ability to build prototypes, including device assembly
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical field required; a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in patent searching, patent prosecution preferred
- Ability to pass USPTO patent agent certification in two years once hired required
- Patent agent certification preferred
- Law school graduate preferred
- Working experience in SolidWorks, CNC machining and 3D printing, CFD modelling, prototyping preferred
- · Experience in medical device industry preferred
- · Travel, up to 10% both domestic and international is required
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP)