Johnson & Johnson Careers
IT Manager, Application Development Tools
Somerset, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 7142190711
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an IT Manager, Application Development Tools, located in Somerset, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The IT Manager will lead the enhancement, development and integration of application development tools and automation with the objective of improved software engineering, development and testing capabilities to be used by employees, suppliers and vendors.
The Manager will identify the industry trends in DevOps, Test Management, Automated Testing and the Agile framework to enable lean practices in getting software to customers with quality and speed. The goals will be to reduce complexity enabling IT teams to produce high quality software that meets or exceeds customer expectations with software engineering capabilities that drive automation in the software delivery process.
This position supports the product owner to enable application development teams with the necessary tools and automation necessary to continuously improve productivity and reduce their time to market. This position works in a matrixed organization and drives alignment across application development teams, continuously looking for opportunities to drive best practices and quality.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Have working knowledge of tools enabling DevOps and Automation across the application development process.
- Stay current with industry trends in Agile and DevOps and the future state of software engineering to provide recommendations on the AppDev Tools roadmap.
- Measure/monitor the efficiency/effectiveness of the AppDev tools with an emphasis on continuous refinement/leaning of the related processes that the tools enable.
- Partner with application development teams to ensure that software engineering capabilities are being met and drive the best solutions available for the enterprise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related discipline is required.
- Advanced degree in Technology, MIS is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of IT experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years of developing applications in an Agile environment is preferred.
- Strong experience with Agile and Waterfall software development frameworks/methods including: Scrum, SAFe or DAD, Continuous Integration (CI), Extreme Programming (XP), Kanban, Lean software development, is preferred.
- Strong experience in application development tools enabling DevOps such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket/Stash/Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, HP ALM, Selenium, Worksoft, Blazemeter, etc is preferred
- Strong experience in Linux is preferred.
- Strong experience in Software Testing is preferred.
- Strong experience in SQL is preferred.
- Experience as an effective communicator, team builder, and negotiator with strong persuasive skills required to make the abstract clear, negotiate with, develop, influence and lead at all levels within the organization is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate strategy and maintain team focus is required.
- Proven ability to be a change agent in a large, global, highly-matrixed environment is also preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Somerset-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)