Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Global Brand Protection Services [Enterprise Customs Program]
Raritan, New Jersey; Los Angeles, California; South San Francisco, California; São José dos Campos, Brazil; Beerse, Belgium; Shanghai, China
Requisition ID: 7137191009
Johnson & Johnson Global Brand Protection is recruiting for a Manager, Global Brand Protection Services [Enterprise Customs Program]. The role can be based in Raritan, New Jersey or Shanghai, China (preferred) with consideration to other global and remote locations.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Manager, Global Brand Protection Services, Johnson & Johnson Group, reports to the Director, Global Brand Protection, Medical Devices, and is primarily responsible for developing, managing and implementing an Enterprise Customs program to prevent illicit trade from crossing country borders thereby reducing exposure to patients/customers and our business.
• Partnering with GBP segment and regional leads to align on and drive focus on priority brands, countries and key ports of import/export entry. Support regional administrative requests to facilitate processing of recordings of trademarks with Customs.
• Engaging with Brand Protection (BP) Technology team to develop and share actionable import and export intelligence with GBP segment and region leads to target efforts
• Prepare enterprise standard Customs training materials for law enforcement in partnership with GBP segment, regional leads and the business. Develop and refresh global customs training plan
• Execute training and collaboration with North America Law Enforcement, Judicial and Customs/Mail Facility personnel
• First point of contact to respond to North America customs notifications
• Establishes and aligns procedural and response expectations with Business Quality
• Create GBP Enterprise Customs SOP and playbook
• Provide reports, statements and affidavits to support various product investigation, enforcement and legal proceedings
• Management of global recordation portfolio to ensure complete understanding of all trademarks recorded, and manage renewal with the regions and REACT
• Manage REACT and other third parties supporting the Customs program
• Partner with North American Global Security to provide support for Custom’s law enforcement actions
• Manage Custom’s petitions and resolves complex issues related to these requests
• Analyze Custom’s information and provide intelligence leads to support investigations in partnership with Global Security and the business
• Provide technical expertise to support enforcement operations
• Develop and share global metrics to track key performance indicators and effectiveness of Custom’s program to help guide focus
• Performs other duties as directed
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Advanced degree in an applicable field of study or certification would be preferred.
• A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience is required.
• Experience with customs and/or brand protection is preferred.
• Healthcare and/or consumer products industry experience is preferred.
• Strong communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal) are required.
• Advanced organizational, research and analytical skills are required.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills are required (other languages an asset).
• Ability to lead and manage project teams to deliver on defined objectives is required.
• Ability to build productive relationships and work and influence effectively across cultures and functions without line authority is required.
• Ability to work with and effectively influence all levels within the organization is required.
• Self-direction and ability to thrive in a matrixed environment is required.
• Ability to prioritize and work effectively in a deadline oriented environment is required.
• Up to 25% overnight international and domestic travel required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-California-South San Francisco, Brazil-São Paulo-São José dos Campos, Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, China-Shanghai-Shanghai
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)