Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal R&D Engineer
Requisition ID: 7127180325
Biosense Webster, Inc (BWI), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal R&D Engineer to be located in Irwindale, California.
Hi-Tech meets Medical Devices at Biosense Webster! If you want to work with brilliant people in a fast-paced environment, help make a huge difference in patient's lives and want to be responsible for providing the most innovative technology in the field of cardiac electrophysiology, then Biosense Webster is the place for you! Our vision and mission are clear - be #1 in rhythm solutions globally and cure AF (Atrial Fibrillation), the most common heart arrhythmia. Our products are used by prominent physicians around the world and help improve thousands of patient's lives. Simply put, we are a highly innovative entrepreneurial company with a truly global and diverse culture, backed with the support structure of the Johnson & Johnson Corporation - quite a winning combination! Our commitment to quality and our Credo have helped us achieve significant milestones as a company.
Biosense Webster is the world leader in the $2.5 billion worldwide electrophysiology market and our company is in the enviable position of being one of the fastest growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson. We have achieved double digit growth consistently over the last decade and aren’t stopping as we look towards the future. Our product portfolio remains strong and further proves we are an innovative leader in cardiac electrophysiology. In order to continue this great growth trajectory, we need to bring on board top talent like you to help fuel our future! Our growth has also enabled a relentless focus on talent development by providing many new opportunities for our employees to expand their knowledge and grow their careers. Our commitment to developing our leaders is unwavering. Our investment in people, technology, and innovation make us one of the best places to work within one of the most admirable corporations in the world.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Determines direction and adequacy of designs and test results and recommends changes.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques to obtain desired results.
- Provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions provided by the fully qualified incumbent are imaginative, thorough and practicable.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to achieve results might cause serious delays in project/program schedules and considerable expenditure and resources.
- Has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments.
- Plans and develops engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial problems which have an important effect on major organization programs. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation and development of novel concepts and approaches.
- Maintains worldwide liaison with individuals and units within or outside his/her organization with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to his/her field.
- Supervision received is essentially administrative with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
- Acts as individual technical expert, conceives or is assigned, plans, and conducts research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity.
- The problems must be approached through a series of complete and conceptually related studies, are difficult to define, require unconventional or novel approaches, and require sophisticated research techniques.
- At this level, the individual researcher generally will have contributed inventions, new designs, or techniques which are of material significance in the solution of important problems.
- Serves as the technical expert for the organization (worldwide) in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned area of responsibility (i.e., subject matter, function, type of facility, or equipment, or product).
- Keeps abreast of new methods and developments affecting his/her organization for the purpose of recommending changes in emphasis of programs or new programs warranted by such development.
- Responsible for the purchase or design of equipment that meets health, safety and environmental standards set by the company.
- Responsible for performing design reviews and re-validation assessments to ensure the safe and environmentally sound start-up of new processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 8 years of related experience or MS with 6 years of related experience is required.
- Significant complex level engineering experience is required.
- Experience in the medical device industry is requirement.
- Must possess a clear mastery of theoretical and practical fundamentals and experimental engineering techniques.
- Must have ability to manage several projects.
- Knowledge and experience with design control in a medical device.
- FDA regulated design environment is preferred
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, engineering drawings and specifications is required
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills required to interact with customers (physicians and/or external vendors) and internal cross-functional team members is required.
- Prior experience in customer interaction and early stage design development is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Solid Works required
- Experience with Microsoft project or equivalent Project management software is a plus
- Ability to work well both with a team and independently is required
- Up to 10% to 25% travel will be required
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)
R&D Engineering (R&D)