Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Executive Administrative Assistant, Neuroscience R&D
Requisition ID: 7119180326
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson Company, is hiring an Executive Administrative Assistant, Neuroscience R&D, to be located in La Jolla, California.
Based in La Jolla, CA, the Executive Administrative Assistant, Neuroscience R&D position will provide administrative support to the Site Head and other senior executives. This includes coordination of daily schedules, meetings, agendas, presentations, travel arrangements, and expense reports for the executives. It will also include support and coordination for key members of the Neuroscience Discovery organization.
This is a demanding, high visibility role, and will interface with senior leaders inside and outside of J&J. The candidate must have excellent administrative, coordination, and communication skills and be capable of working independently, as the Site Head and other executives will be traveling or meeting with external parties most of the time. Attention to detail is a must, as is the ability to maintain confidentiality. The candidate will be working in a fast-paced, global environment. Candidates should possess strong interpersonal skills, leadership, negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills to support the needs of the executive and other team members. Strong organizational skills are a must, since the candidate will organize large inter-departmental meetings, which require international travel reservations, hotel bookings and local transportation. The ability to establish excellent communication with other administrative assistants in the organization (local, East Coast and Europe based) is required in order to effectively coordinate site related activities. Advanced computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software will be used every day. Contract administration skills may also be used at times.
The successful candidate needs to familiarize herself/himself with Janssen’s business, especially in terms of the Credo, the roles and responsibilities of adjacent departments and the larger Neuroscience organization.
This position requires full time presence on site, the ability to effectively multi-task and to solve problems within the scope of this role.
- · A minimum of a High School diploma is required.
- · A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- · A minimum of 6 (six) years of administrative or related experience is required.
- · Experience in an executive environment, supporting leaders and executives as well as their teams, is required.
- · Advanced computer skills (MS Office, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software) are required.
- · Experience in systems to effectively handle PDM, Ariba, Sharepoint, OurSource or other related systems/software processes
- · Experience onboarding new hires is required.
- · Experience with making international and domestic travel arrangements and coordinating on/offsite meetings (including LiveMeeting, TC and VC) are required.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to properly draft and edit memorandums, correspondence and presentations and interface with senior leaders.
- · Organizational skills, exemplary stakeholder service skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously, and the ability to work with independence and minimal supervision is required.
- · Demonstrated team player attitude, with a record of proactively taking initiative as appropriate is required.
- · Ability to handle confidential matters requiring discretion is required.
- · Demonstrated excellent judgment and the ability to solve problems proactively is required.
- · Acute attention to detail is required.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, Janssen Research & Development, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)