Johnson & Johnson Careers
Marketing Manager Global Strategic Marketing Hips
Requisition ID: 7101191008
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Marketing Manager Global Strategic Marketing Hips to be located in Warsaw IN
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own
The Marketing Manager is responsible for leading a new product/ technology within our Joints Reconstruction (Hips, Knees, and Power Tools) platform.
General responsibilities include driving commercial results, managing the portfolio and product roadmap, leading product launches globally, developing the brand strategy, identifying customer insights, and supporting the operations and execution of the business.
The position reports to the Sr. Marketing Director/ Hips Platform Leader
• Achieve worldwide business plan objectives of sales, net income, gross profit, inventory and price on an annual basis.
• Manage expenses within budget.
• Increase company’s leadership position in assigned product platforms.
Portfolio Planning & Product Development
• Contribute to multigenerational portfolio plans aligned to company strategy.
• Active participant in R&D project Core Team meetings: responsible for contributing to product scope, providing design inputs, validating product design, and development of launch messaging materials, set configurations, etc.
• Demonstrate strong understanding of product development process and functional areas (quality, regulatory, etc.) to ensure on-time launches.
• Responsible for leading and executing impactful worldwide product launches. Specific responsibilities include the development of the brand strategy, marketing materials for all key stakeholders (salesforce, surgeons, hospitals, patients, payers, etc.), pricing strategy, promotional plans, product training plans (salesforce & surgeons), product forecasting, inventory roll-out and management, sales tools, etc.
• Lead launch efforts across Stakeholders and Regional Marketing and Commercial teams.
• Contribute to the development of global brand strategies for products, services, programs and other key initiatives including establishment of value proposition, targeting & segmentation, positioning, and lifecycle management.
Customer Insights and Analytics
• Serve as the subject matter expert for our products, competitive strategies and products, procedures, surgical techniques, and the innovation landscape.
• Lead market research initiatives around customer needs, product validation, and evidence generation.
• Stay connected with market needs through frequent interaction with customers - travel with sales consultants, attend industry meetings, review medical journals, etc.
• Partner closely with Regional Marketing and Sales Teams to gather input on customer needs and ensure strong alignment with product strategy.
• Develop relationships with surgeon customers and key targets.
General Business Support
• Partners with Professional Education & Tradeshow groups to build promotional plans around key events and provide on-site support.
• Be responsive in responding to requests from customers, sales consultants, and regional marketers.
• Work collaboratively with other functional areas to ensure business issues are addressed and strategies are being executed.
• Ability to collaborate effectively.
• Ability to influence without authority.
• Ability to think strategically and be detailed when necessary.
• Ability to think globally and act locally.
• Ability to build a sense of urgency and get results.
• Ability to keep the organization focused on customer needs.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• BS/BA required. MBA preferred.
• 5+ years total of progressive business experience in any of the following areas: Marketing, R&D, Product Management, Sales, or a combination of experience in these functions is required.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in highly regulated industry is required.
• Must have ability to work in a hand’s –on, fast paced, customer focused environment.
• Position requires approximately 30% travel including weekends. The travel includes both domestic and international.
• Global experience preferred.
• Upstream strategic marketing experience is preferred
• Prior product brand marketing experience is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Medical Device Business Services, Inc (6029)