Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Counsel, Commercial Programs
Requisition ID: 7099191009
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department seeks a Senior Counsel, Commercial Programs to support J&J’s pharmaceuticals business. The position will be located in Piscataway, NJ (relocating to Raritan, NJ in 2020) .
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
• Counsel on the development and execution of innovative commercial strategies for selling J&J’s pharmaceutical products in the U.S.
• Advise clients on pharmaceutical commercial price concession strategies (including value-based programs), risk mitigation, policy development and review, fee-for-service arrangements, and interactions with J&J’s customers, including health plans, pharmaceutical benefit managers (PBMs), specialty pharmacies, healthcare providers and group purchasing organizations. This position is distinguished by its substantial and meaningful direct contact with key customers, and its role in facilitating effective engagement with customers in a broad range of important areas such as negotiation of commercial arrangements, advising and collaborating with Account Management colleagues, and management of commercial dispute resolution.
• Work closely with pricing strategy, contracting, account management, marketing, finance and other functions, and be directly responsible for providing legal counsel and support related to fraud and abuse laws (including the federal Anti-Kickback Statute and associated safe harbors, OIG guidance and state laws) and related health care laws and regulations, industry standards and company policies.
• Advise clients on and help negotiate supply chain and distribution strategies, including with wholesalers and other intermediaries.
• Develop and conduct training for clients on a range of health care compliance topics related to commercial programs and interactions with commercial customers.
• Effectively provide and coordinate legal support, contribute as a member of cross-functional teams and interact with business and Law Department management on key matters.
• Advise key stakeholders on legal, regulatory and policy developments to ensure that our support of J&J is innovative, agile and appropriately adapted to a rapidly changing environment.
• Engage in key policy and regulatory issues impacting our customer relationships and business strategies through involvement with trade associations, participation on cross-functional teams assessing and planning for new policy or regulatory developments, advising on policy positions and helping J&J proactively shape the external environment to improve access to our medications and benefit patients consistent with J&J’s Credo. • Collaborate with other Law Department colleagues to provide consistent and efficient legal support to J&J and its Pharmaceutical sector.
• A Juris Doctor Degree with admission to (and current good standing with) the bar of at least one state or the District of Columbia is required.
• A minimum of 7 years of experience practicing as an attorney, with a minimum of 5 years of experience advising clients on health care matters either in-house (manufacturer, health plan, PBM, health system or provider) or at a law firm supporting clients in the life sciences industry is required.
• Experience advising on health care compliance obligations, including the U.S. Health Care Fraud and Abuse Laws is required.
• Strong contracting skills including experience drafting and negotiating pharmaceutical or medical device related commercial contracts (e.g. product sales, distribution, collaboration or managed care agreements) is required.
• Must possess the ability to think strategically, develop creative and compliant solutions and apply strong analytical skills.
• Must have very strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills, and be a highly effective collaborator in a team-based matrix environment.
• The position will be located in Piscataway, NJ (relocating to Raritan, NJ in 2020) and will require some local travel (including to Titusville, NJ), approximately 25% of the time.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Piscataway-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)