Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Global Transfer Pricing
New Brunswick, New Jersey; New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 7096180516
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Global Transfer Pricing, based in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This new role is important within the J&J’s fast-growing global transfer pricing group. With the new requirements from OECD Action 13 has created new challenges, this role will help shape our response. One of the key challenges is moving to a more centralized global TP structure to respond accurately and appropriately. Some of the main activities for this role include:
Strategic Transfer Pricing Planning— Develop best practices in the new post-BEPS environment for various activities from planning through defense, and ensure these new practices are disseminated and adopted by the broader J&J tax planning community. Serve as a liaison for tax professionals across the enterprise to facilitate best-in-class planning and execution.
Advisory Services—provide advice and/or support to business partners and other tax professionals as required, particularly in the areas of supply chain tax planning, intercompany service arrangements and transfer pricing.
- Develop innovative, pragmatic solutions to assist the business.
- Provide risk assessments for structures or M&A transactions on an as-needed basis
Tax Governance and Oversight—leadership role in the development, implementation and maintenance of governance standards, as well as developing a process to ensure TP models are properly executed, maintained and documented from a legal, operational, accounting and tax compliance standpoint.
- Drive innovation through technology – best practices
- Analysis of Intercompany contracts compared to comparable 3rd party relationships
Transfer Pricing Education—given how quickly the world is changing, this role includes education and communication with both finance personnel and business operations to improve understanding of the impacts to J&J of changes in rules.
Transfer Pricing Analyses— this role will be heavily involved in looking at data sources, new types of comparability adjustments, new methods or application of methods.
Transfer Pricing Risk Management—in line with the company’s Credo, collaborating with other tax leaders to ensure an appropriate balance between the benefits and risks arising from tax planning. This includes setting stage-gates for planning implementation, determining appropriate tax reserves, and providing audit defense support for US and non-US tax audits.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- A Masters in Tax, Economics or Accounting, a MBA and/or a JD degree preferred
- CPA preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of tax experience including 3 years of transfer pricing experience required
- Prior experience with and working knowledge of IRS 482 code and regulations required
- Advisory Firm or in-house experience at a major multinational corporation is required
- Strong understanding of the BEPS action items and the impacts to multinationals required
- Experience with IP and supply chain planning in major non-U.S. jurisdictions is required
- Prior modeling experience required
- Experience with developing and screening comparability analysis preferred
- Excellent business partnering and communication skills specifically the ability to communicate highly technical matters to business partners around the world whose knowledge will be much more general is required
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills, partnering with multiple stakeholder across the enterprise and external partners, including a network of legal advisors across the globe are required
- Ability to develop talent and lead teams across the enterprise is required
- Ability to drive innovative solutions to meet business needs is required
- Ability to manage risk in a quickly changing external environment is required
- This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ
- Up to 10% domestic and international travel required
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)