Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Staff Quality Engineer, New Product Development
Requisition ID: 7083180325
Johnson & Johnson’s Neurovascular Division (CERENOVUS), a member of the Medical Device group within Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) is recruiting for a Staff Quality Engineer, New Product Development. The position is located in Los Gatos, CA.
The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group consists of six diverse businesses aside from Neurovascular which serve a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Johnson & Johnson’s Neurovascular (CERENOVUS) Division is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by interventional neuroradiologists, neurosurgeons and neurologists, to treat patients with conditions resulting from hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding. We are one of the fastest growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson.
You, The Staff Quality Engineer, New Product Development will:
- Perform and manage Quality Engineering duties related to new product introduction (NPI) and product lifecycle management -LCM (post-launch) activities for Pulsar Vascular.
- Function as the Quality team lead, thus, responsible for Product Risk Management (design, stability, and process) Post Market Surveillance, Cost reduction programs, Labeling, packaging, sterilization and product improvements, and supplier quality activities.
- Quality Engineering techniques shall be used, such as, risk analysis, test method development, statistical data analysis, statistical process control, and the development of sample plans.
- Review and approve project documents, strategies, as required.
- Support, lead and participate in CAPA activities as assigned.
- Establish proper planning for test method validations, while ensuring the development of appropriate test methods for product and process performance.
- Be responsible for the effective and consistent application of Quality Engineering, Process Excellence/Six Sigma tools and techniques, including active and thorough investigation of quality issues and effective corrective and/or preventive action.
- Effectively utilize Process Excellence to solve problems and develop optimal products and processes to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as provide guidance and recommendations involving the implementation of regulatory requirements (e.g., Quality System Regulation, EU MDD, ISO standards, etc.).
- Partner with Research & Development, Product Management, and other cross-functional areas to ensure the application of design controls and design transfer are used.
- In collaboration with Research & Development, the Staff Quality Engineer will also assist with identifying Product Critical to Quality (CTQs) and ensure they are validated.
- Be responsible for partnering with Engineering and Suppliers to ensure the application of process validation, process control, and process risk management, are complying, as well as complete and assure the accurateness of investigations and corrections of process failures.
- Partner with Manufacturing Quality Engineering to implement and monitor process capability prior to Design transfer.
- Be responsible for providing proper review and direction during change control and continuous improvement activities for any changes that could affect the product design (form, fit, function and labeling requirements).
- If required, ensure supplier/OEM performance is monitored and addressed as needed, providing leading metrics to Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs Directors.
- Be responsible for Lifecycle Management Lead/Support, will partner with Operations Engineering and program management to maintain world-wide compliance.
- Work independently and in teams to accomplish their goals and objectives.
- Lead Design change projects as requested by Management.
- Other projects as assigned by your management.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 6 years relevant working experience with a minimum of 5 years quality engineering experience is required.
- A BA/BS degree (BS Engineering preferred) or equivalent in a Life Science, Engineering, or Physical Science is preferred.
- Familiarity with regulatory submission content (PMA/510(k)) is preferred.
- Medical Device experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with six sigma training and statistical tools is required.
- A Six Sigma Green Belt Certification and/or a Six Sigma Black Belt Certification is preferred.
- An ASQ Certification is preferred.
- Experience with New Product Introduction/Development is required.
- Experience collaborating with external suppliers is preferred.
- Experience with Design Controls is preferred.
- Experience with product reliability, reliability engineering and stability is required.
- Risk Management experience is required.
- Process Capability experience and Process Validation experience is required.
- A Demonstrated knowledge and application of industry regulations is required.
- QSR, MDD, ISO 13485, ISO 14971,cGMP, and other international standards is preferred.
- Data analysis (statistical analysis, sampling plans, Statistical Process Control, etc) experience is required.
- Experience with root cause investigations is required.
- Prior CAPA experience is preferred.
- Prior experience leading teams and/or having direct reports is preferred.
- Prior experience with statistical software is required.
- Proficiency in Minitab is preferred.
- This position will be located in Los Gatos, CA and may require up to 15% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Los Gatos
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)