Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Electrical Product Development Engineer
Requisition ID: 7057181109
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Electrical Product Development Engineer to be based in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Staff Electrical Product Development Engineer will be considered a subject matter expert in product development. In this role you will create new processes and methods, and design experiments using appropriate statistical methodology. You will coordinate all functions of a team, providing leadership and guidance to the individual team members as it relates to R&D product development activities. You will act as team lead, are project accountable and frequently have significant amounts of critical organizational knowledge.
In this role your primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Plans, conducts and directs research, development or engineering assignments related to new product development or integration.
- Conceives, plans, and implements solutions to technical problems requiring unconventional approaches, new designs, and equipment and process development.
- Under general supervision carries out an important segment of a large and complex engineering program or a smaller program of limited complexity and scope.
- Provides personal expertise, as well as project leadership for R&D product development related projects.
- May include management and development of one to three Product Development Engineers.
- Gives professional presentations in front of a Sales people and customers and monitors discussions of surgeons (e. g. in expert groups or surgeon’s labs).
- Understands and follows the New Product Development process accurately and maintains high quality design validation and verifications.
- Primarily hands-on worker, with instruction or supervision of others secondary to own technical work.
- Uses expertise to improve operational efficiencies and meet compliance requirements.
- Possesses thorough understanding of all precedents, practices, or scientific theories and principles in a specialized or technical field
- Design and execute mechanical tests and scientific experiments, present data and conclusions with appropriate analysis and write technical reports.
- Independently determine and develop approaches to solutions with technical guidance on the most unusual or complex problems.
- May be responsible for operating within a budget, and may provide input on budget allocation and prioritization.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- Promote and nurture the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and compliance, and actively support our compliance program-related initiatives and activities.
- Consistently enforce employee compliance, including attendance at training programs, and promptly report any non-compliance to the Chief Compliance Officer.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent degree) is required.
- A Master’s degree is preferred.
- One of the following combinations of education and experience is required: A B.S. and a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a highly regulated industry OR a M.S. and 4 years’ experience in highly regulated industry OR a Ph.D. and 2 years’ experience in a highly regulated industry.
- Experience leading project team from concept through introduction according to project plan is required.
- Experience with electrical medical device regulations is a plus
- OrCAD experience is a plus
- Experience working with IEC 60601 is a plus
- Experience with software programming/development is plus
- Demonstrated exceptional creative design and problem-solving ability is required.
- Excellent communication and interaction skills required; especially when describing technical concepts to surgeons, sales personnel, and senior management.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism in communication also with local as well as international peers.
- Highly recognized as experienced and professional engineer by peers.
- Must be able to work independently, provide multiple solutions to problems and make systems work together.
- Well organized, self-motivated, energetic, creative, resourceful, insightful, personable and articulate.
- Must possess strong leadership, management and teamwork qualities.
- This position will be located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL and may require up to 10% travel.
If you want to explore the many small-company environments behind the big-company impact of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, bid on this position today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Florida-Palm Beach Gardens-
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)