Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Manager, Business Development
Requisition ID: 7049180326
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently seeking a Sr. Manager, Business Development and Strategy to be located in Santa Ana, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In the position of Sr. Manager, Business Development and Strategy for J&J Surgical Vision (JJSV), you will collaborate with your internal business partners to help shape, develop, and execute business strategies as well as external transactions and partnerships to drive growth and influence the direction of the business.
- Develop, refine, or facilitate business strategies to advance JJSV’s objective to increase our market presence, drive growth in our line of surgical vision products and sustain our financial acumen in the face of shifting market dynamics
- Assist with the identification of external new technologies, products and capabilities aligned to business strategy and priorities
- Partner with business development and functional leaders to support transaction activities (including, licensing, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, co-development, co-marketing, or other structures)
- Support and co-lead aspects of business development process including target identification, business case development, due diligence, deal structuring, negotiations and transition planning
- Participate in cross-functional teams and ensure teams are following the appropriate healthcare guidelines (for example, HCC, Quality, and Regulatory)
- Partner with J&J Legal, Finance, and other functional groups to support, review, and execute opportunities
- Provide suggestions and recommendations to leadership on new strategies, opportunities, and tactics. Offer ideas on priorities as well as non-value added projects
- Deliver oral and written presentations to management in support of approval for execution and funding of new opportunities
- Build external relationships via trade shows, conferences, networking, and other new sources of information, intelligence, and insights
- Partner with business development and function leaders in meeting with prospective opportunities during major surgical vision congresses globally
- Support the tracking and institutional knowledge surrounding new technologies and companies that we have engaged in discussions
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, an MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) years of business experience is required
- Experience in the healthcare industry is required; experience in vision / eye health industry is highly preferred
- Experience in supporting corporate / business development (for example, licensing, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, divestitures, co-marketing, or other structures) or as a financial analyst is preferred
- Experience in supporting the execution of multiple acquisitions from start through close is preferred
- Experience in supporting strategic business plans and projections are preferred
- Business, financial, negotiation, influencing, organizational, project management, analytical, decision making, and influence management skills are required
- Communicate and influence a broad variety of business leaders, both internally and externally and with varying levels from functional personnel to senior leaders of companies is required
- Prioritizing tasks, managing several projects at a time, and eliminating/overcoming unproductive, low priority, or low probability tasks and projects is required
- This role involves both domestic and international deal flow and connections
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 20% of the time is required
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO Manufacturing USA, LLC (6240)