Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, RNA Replicon Immunotherapy, within the RNA & Targeted Therapeutics group located in La Jolla, CA (San Diego area).
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
RNA and Targeted Therapeutics is an organization within Discovery Sciences committed to the delivery of high-quality drug candidates in the novel synthetic modalities space working closely with all six Janssen Therapeutic Areas (TA) discovery teams.
The candidate will support the overall program goals and strategy of the group working to develop and deploy our RNA-based vaccine platform across multiple disease indications. It will require deep expertise in virolgoy, molecular biology, RNA biology and the ability to apply this knowledge base in unique and clever ways across a wide variety of disciplines. She/he will work closely and collaboratively with both internal and external partners to advance potential products into the clinic. The scientist will have significant laboratory activities, be responsible for platform engineering and support all molecular and in vitro aspects for multiple projects. The Scientist will also have the opportunity to lead internal projects and external collaborations.
- Help define scientific strategies and goals within the team
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory
- Supervise and direct all platform specific molecular and in vitro activities
- Develop and run platform/product specific potency assays
- Train and supervise associate scientists in the lab
- Devise ways to improve the current platform and identify new technologies that may be used to enhance the platforms performance and expand its use in new therapeutic areas
- Mange internal projects and external collaborations
- Present data and reports on project status at individual, group, departmental meetings
- Present work at scientific conferences
- PhD in Virology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, or related field is required
- At least 3 years of professional/industry or postdoctoral experience with an emphasis on molecular virology, host-pathogen interactions, mRNA vaccines or therapeutics, vaccinology, or related field is required
- Postdoctoral experience with an emphasis on molecular virology, host-pathogen interactions, mRNA vaccines or therapeutics, vaccinology, or related field is preferred
- Hands on experience with vector design and construction of large sequences is required
- Highly proficient with molecular biology techniques, (examples may include RE cloning, Gibson Assembly, TAR cloning, PCR, RT-qPCR, gel electrophoresis) is required.
- Experience with in vitro transcription of RNA is preferred
- Hands on experience with flow cytometry is required
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is required
- Protein expression analysis techniques such as cell transfection or electroporation, protein concentration determination, Western Blot is required
- An understanding of immune correlates of protection and associated assays is preferred
- An understanding of regulatory requirements for vaccine potency assays is preferred
- Experience managing projects in a matrixed environment is preferred.
- Able to effectively multitask and advance various projects simultaneously is required
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills are required, as well as the ability to effectively work in a team environment
- This position is located in La Jolla, CA, and may require up to 15% travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)