Johnson & Johnson Careers
SR DIRECTOR R&D DATA SCIENCE PLATFORMS
Requisition ID: 7046181112
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a division of Johnson & Johnson, is currently recruiting for a Senior Director, Janssen R&D Data Science Platforms to help us bring innovation to life.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Janssen R&D (JRD) is an organization of 11,000+ people with an operating budget of $7B, which includes JRD Therapeutic Areas (Cardiovascular/Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases/Vaccines, Neuroscience, Oncology, Pulmonary Hypertension) and JRD Global Functions. In addition, the Senior Director, R&D Strategy and Operations will partner to evaluate JRD current strategy, craft future strategy, align for execution and implementation.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In this role you will serve as a key advisor to the Vice President, Janssen Research & Development (JRD) Data Science Operations, Platforms and External Partnerships. You will design and create platforms to enable analyses within and across multiple Therapeutic Areas in Janssen.
The primary location for this position is Spring House, PA. Consideration will be given to other locations (e.g., Raritan, NJ, La Jolla / San Francisco, CA, Boston, MA, and Beerse, Belgium).
- You will work closely with the VP to design and lead new and viable data storage, integration and analysis platforms. You will inspire change and promote a data-driven mindset throughout Janssen’s research.
- You will partner across the R&D organization to take on problems and craft solutions to fully enable a robust data science capability.
- You will interact with the Johnson & Johnson Technology (IT) department and other key departments to design JRD data platforms. These platforms will enable therapeutic and functional areas to be at the forefront of data-driven competitiveness.
- Provide strategic leadership in crafting future-state platforms for therapeutic areas and functions. Use in-house, external and other open source machine learning software/algorithms.
- Effectively lead a team of developers and nurture team spirit and ambition.
- Interact regularly with R&D strategic leadership and research teams to understand their needs from a data and analytic platform perspective.
- Assess the financial implications and business case for platforms and help communicate overarching return on investment, business value drivers, success metrics, etc.
- Provide expert internal consulting services by topic/technique as needed and liaise with external consulting firms to bring the best of data science to JRD.
- Identify emergent trends and opportunities for partnerships/ M&A opportunities.
- Drive the strategy for platform development, via coordinating a team of experts to design, develop, and implement end-to-end advanced data and analytic infrastructure and production pipelines that will enable research teams to be highly productive.
- Drive the implementation of platform-development-processes (e.g., leadership approval) and for identifying and handling financial resources necessary for successful platform setup, operations and scale-up – collaborate with other relevant departments within J&J.
- Lead platform performance and stress testing with the development team.
- Develop metrics and systems to track the development and evolution of the platform, considering continuous data feeds and future business needs.
- Effectively plan for the finances and budget allocation for the operationalization of platforms.
- Other responsibilities include attracting and retaining talent, being an extraordinary partner with vendors and collaborators, etc.
- Minimum Education required: Master’s Degree or PhD (Preferred) in Mathematics, Information Technology, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline.
- At least 10 years of experience delivering software systems or platforms is required.
- At least 4 years of experience with relevant software and tools such as Java or Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS), with SQL, business intelligence tools, A/B testing, and building data infrastructure on a large-scale consumer or SaaS product etc. is required.
- At least 3+ years of experience in leading a team of data scientists/modelers is required.
- Knowledge of machine learning and statistical modeling methods for supervised and unsupervised learning. These methods include (but not limited to) regression analysis, clustering, outlier detection, novelty detection, decision trees, collaborative filtering, ensemble methods and boosting, neural networks and deep learning is required.
- Consistent track record of end-to-end experience in model development, testing, implementation and performance tracking is highly preferred.
- Travel up to 30% domestic and 10% global is required.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)