Auris Health, Inc. is recruiting for a(n) Staff Software Engineer, Robotics, located in Redwood City, CA.
The Staff Software Engineer, Robotics, plays a key role in the development of robotic systems for medical applications. He/she will understand the whole system from both a technical perspective and the user’s viewpoint, and contribute algorithms and software implementations that ultimately drive definition and development of future Auris products that will set new industry benchmarks of robotic surgical capability.
We are looking for a candidate that can work independently and function well within a team, and is flexible, self-motivated, curious and passionate about revolutionizing the world of medical robotics. Additionally, the Staff Software Engineer, Robotics, works closely with the other software, mechanical, electrical and systems/controls engineers to control, simulate and implement Auris robotic systems.
- Create specifications and requirements based on clinical and user inputs.
- Work with software and other specialists (mechanical, electrical, systems) as part of a focused multi-functional team developing software for medical applications.
- Work closely with systems engineers to develop and implement and test robotic algorithms (kinematics, dynamics, controls, etc.).
- Design and implement C++ software in a real-time and FDA-regulated environment.
- Design and implement C++ software prototypes, components, and applications that are flexible and capable.
- Work with multi-functional engineers to bring up new hardware.
- Lead design discussion and code reviews (both internal and multi-functional) for robotic algorithms and workflows.
- Quickly implement concept proofs and prototypes, and test on systems.
- A minimum of a BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics or equivalent is required; Master’s or PhD preferred.-
- 8+ years of experience with BS, 5+ years with Master or 3+ years with PhD in developing robotics applications.-
- Strong experience in robotics algorithm design and development - Required
- Experience with Unit testing and software Verification and Validation processes.-
- Familiarity with design controls and regulated environment.-
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Strong background in object-oriented programming, system architecture, and state-machine based design.-
- Proficiency with C++ programming and multi-threaded applications.
- Experience in the medical device industry.
- Proficiency with multi-threaded applications.
- Experience with real-time software applications and RTOS.
- Experience developing safety-critical software (medical device).
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)