Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Manufacturing Engineer (External Manufacturing)
Requisition ID: 7025180716
Ethicon Endo- Surgery, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Staff Manufacturing Engineer, to be located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Staff Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for functioning as an integral member of a team in support of new product launch readiness and manufacturing operations performed at our external manufacturers. Providing technical services to insure product quality, cost & performance objectives are met.
- Represent manufacturing’s team interests on new product development teams, by providing manufacturing engineering expertise for launch readiness with specific emphasis on achieving: DFM/A-Design for Manufacturability / Assembly, Continuous Flow processes and high product Quality – through detailed analysis of processes & process documentations, equipment, tools, fixtures, jigs, and work instructions.
- Contribute to or lead development, design or design changes, and the validations (IQ, OQ & PQ) of existing & startup manufacturing & assembly operations that meet objectives for product quality, cost & performance.
- Participate in all other team activities contributing where required to other functional areas within team. Insure product is properly designed for manufacture & Manufacturers are properly selected & qualified.
- Assignments will typically be of low to moderate size & complexity, or he/she may be assigned responsibility for part of a more complex project. Interface with Manufacturers & EES groups to insure design for manufacturability, quality & cost team goals are met.
- Assist by providing technical support to evaluate & select Manufacturers.
- Provide technical support to assist in establishing & maintaining GMP compliant processes.
- Perform engineering studies & analyses on existing manufacturing processes to improve process reliability, problem solve, or to improve product quality & cost. Design & / or purchase tooling & equipment.
- Using appropriate statistical techniques develop validation protocols, complete process capability studies & process validation on both internal & supplier processes. Actively participate in other team activities to help insure total team success.
- Take an active role in learning for self & others to further company objectives.
- Complete assignments involving a specific phase of an engineering project & / or line support activity. Assist in determining objectives & planning schedules of specific task within a given project / activity.
- Provide line support responsibilities for specific products. Coordinate technical & or business issues with internal & external customers (typical scope is at a business unit level). Act as an ISO Champion or Deputy for an EES Quality System(s) as required. Apply comprehensive & diverse knowledge of engineering / business principles to a broad range of assignments.
- Plan, conduct & direct technical /engineering / business projects to successful completion (typical scope is at business unit & or External Manufacturing or Operations level).
- Coordinate & direct activities of other technical support staff & delegate their assignments as required. Apply comprehensive & diverse knowledge of engineering / business principles to a broad range of assignments.
- Devise or adapt new methods, using a full understanding of procedures & various product support improvement techniques.
- Up to 50% travel, including international. Some travel may be on short notice.
- A minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of (6) years of manufacturing experience is required.
- Experience in GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) is required.
- Previous experience in a highly regulated industry or Medical device industry is preferred.
- Experience with designing, developing or building of Automated Test Equipment is preferred.
- Previous experience in Printed Circuit board (PCBA) assembly & testing is required.
- Process validation and statistical process control is preferred.
- Experience managing several projects simultaneously is required.
- This position is located in Cincinnati, OH and may require both domestic and international travel up to 50% of the time.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Ohio-Cincinnati-4545 Creek Road
MegaDyne Medical Products, Inc. (6250)