Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability Specialist
Requisition ID: 7023180716
DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a Senior Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability Specialist, located in Warsaw, Indiana.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
- Assesses EHS&S hazards, risks, compliance and uses results from these assessments/audits to recommend appropriate controls/corrective actions
- Manages projects requiring knowledge of EHS&S principles, practices and regulatory requirements to support the implementation of appropriate control measures and program improvements
- Provides focused technical expertise to promote workplace and product safety by identifying and monitoring potential hazards to people or property in areas such as machine safety and electrical safety
- Reviews and recommends content of health and safety policies and programs
- Provides content to emergency response plans and participates on emergency response team
- Supports and facilitates site EHS&S teams/committees to ensure implementation of the EHS&S program
- Partners with local management to develop and implement site EHS&S CAPAs to address EHS&S program deficiencies
- Manage multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines, develop innovative solutions to problems, partner well with associates at all levels and have the leadership skills to lead projects and teams
- Devise methods for achieving compliance with regulatory and J&J requirements while meeting business constraints of the business locations being supported
- Extrapolate general guidance documents to the specifics of the business location
- Prepare, conduct, and coordinate effective training classes and programs for EHS&S matters (BBP, PIV, Emergency Response, etc.)
- Monitor and evaluate new regulations to determine impact on operating location
- Interface with auditors and regulatory inspectors
- Possess the ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action
- Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health and Safety, Science or a related field is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related EHS experience is required.
- ASP/CSP certification is preferred
- Prior experience in an FDA regulated environment/medical device industry preferred.
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHSS risks in the workplace.
- Knowledge of US EPA, OSHA and DOT regulations and emerging laws/trends is required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment is required.
- EHSS auditing experience is preferred.
- Technical experience in diverse EHS areas including but not limited to air, water, hazardous and biohazardous waste, machine safety, contractor safety, electrical safety, chemical substances management, environmental management, Ergonomics, LOTO, Emergency Response, Fire/Explosion prevention, and Industrial Hygiene is highly desirable.
- Report generation and record keeping systems experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of EHS management systems, including OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001, preferred.
- Ability to write reports, policy and procedure.
- Show good decision making and judgment skills.
- Excellent influencing, planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter, focused on solutions and problem solving.
- Highly professional in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to function independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Standard hours are 800am-500pm, but may require off-shift hours, including weekends, as needed by business and for site related emergencies.
- This position is located in Warsaw, Indiana and may require up to 10% travel both domestic and/or international.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Environmental Health & Safety