Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Controls & Software Engineer
Anasco, Puerto Rico
Requisition ID: 7021180716
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Controls & Software Engineer.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Senior Controls & Software Engineer, you will:
• Be part of the Advanced Engineering team that leads the delivery of automated solutions for existing and new products within the global Vision Surgery supply chain. The team works in harmony with the manufacturing sites to understand the needs of the business and then develops automated solutions to support product growth, product quality and cost reduction targets.
• Work at the cutting edge of automation technology with selected equipment & technology suppliers.
• You may support global projects, and travel to manufacturing sites and the automation solution providers to make the projects happen.
• Lead automated equipment controls system requirements planning and functional testing.
• Work closely with project manager or be the project manager for significant automated equipment procurement.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required, a degree focus in Electrical Engineering or Software is preferred.
• A minimum of four (4) years of experience in Engineering, Information Technology or Software is required.
• Experience in software and controls systems is required.
• Knowledge of SCADA systems, Information Technology networks architecture and functionality,
and structure text code development/testing (e.g. HTML, XML, JAVA, C++, Python) are required.
• Good troubleshooting skills and PLC programming experience are required; experience with Siemens, Rockwell and B&R is preferred.
• Experience in the Medical Device or Pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
• Six Sigma and Project Management training or certification is preferred.
• Knowledge of Gamp5, Internet over Things (IoT) platforms, SAP, robotics (e.g. Staubli, Kuka, Mitsubishi), and mechanical engineering principles are preferred.
• Experience with Computer System Validation (e.g. document creation, test execution), SQL databases, vision system programming, Cognex platforms (In-Sight and Vision Pro) and supporting High Speed Automation Design & Development are preferred.
• Proficiency in English and Spanish (oral and written) is required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
• The position requires thirty to fifty percent (30% - 50%) of domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Puerto Rico-Anasco
AMO Puerto Rico Manufacturing, Inc. (Branch) (7239)