Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Occupational Health Nurse
Anasco, Puerto Rico
Requisition ID: 7015190614
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Occupational Health Nurse, (Sr. OHN) within the Johnson & Johnson Global Health Services organization. The position will be based in Añasco, PR.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Occupational Health Nurse will assist in coordinating a cross functional health and wellness team for J&J Vision employees. Working alongside the Site Lead, Senior Coordinator, EAP and Wellness staff, the team will be responsible for the provision of Global Health services including Occupational Medicine, and Wellness & Health Promotion programs. Services are provided under the mentorship or supervision of the Site Lead.
• Provides clinical healthcare services including: Nursing care for Injuries & illnesses which includes responding to onsite medical emergencies, Case Management of Occupational Injuries and Illness, Medical Surveillance examination and general health education and coaching
• Responsible for compliance associated with occupational health at the locations they support including, compliance with applicable OSHA regulations and recordkeeping and J&J Global Health standards.
• Drives increased health outcomes including reducing population health risks, managing and eliminating workplace health risks and supporting improved business outcomes through advancing employee health and wellbeing.
• Provides various preventive health evaluations and tests in accordance with Global Health policies and protocols.
• Maintains accurate clinical records, utilizing approved medical, nursing and statistical formats, including use of an Electronic Medical Record.
• Maintains and cultivates a safe working environment.
• Acquires knowledge of the occupational hazards and treatment for exposures for assigned locations.
• Partners with other members of the Global Health team as well as Human Resources, Safety and management partners to encourage an integrated team approach to solving problems.
• Participates in the development of Site Business plans supporting key Global Health initiatives
• Participates in the Employee Development Program process. Attends continuing education programs.
• On occasion support off-site and off-shift programs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from a four-year college or university.
• Registered Nurse Puerto Rico Professional License is required.
• Five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the occupational health field.
• Member of the PR Nurses Association required.
• Intermediate level of expertise with Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook is required.
• Computer skills required for electronic medical documentation.
• Occupational Health Certification Training, Emergency (First Aid), Hearing Conservation Certification and Respiratory Protection Certification as required for assigned site.
• CPR Health Care Provider Certified required.
• Working knowledge in regulatory areas; I.e.; OSHA, SIF, SINOT, ACAA, ADA, FMLA, Disability Case Management.
The following physical demands represent those that have to be complied by the associate, in order to successfully execute the essential duties of the position. Reasonable accommodations can be done, so that individuals with disabilities can perform the essential functions of the position.
Light work that requires physical and mental strength; it requires eye-hand coordination and moving about capacity. Near acute vision.
Interpersonal communication and presentation skills, capable to be aware, calculate, catalog, compare, classify, coordinate, copy, detect, diagnose, edit, estimate, evaluate, influence, inspect, interpret, read, observe, plan, collect and organize. Ability to work under time pressure and customer services oriented.
The following work environment characteristics are only representative of those that the associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations can be done, so that individuals with disabilities can perform the essential functions of the position.
Work is performed in a building’s interior, and in an air-conditioned area, good illumination and space minimum risks.
• Willing to travel as necessary or required, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel within Puerto Rico and US.
• Willing to rotate within PR J&J facilities and available to work extended hours and provide on call support after working hours.
• Fully Bilingual (English/Spanish).
• Maintain standards of nursing practice and develop professionally through attendance at continuing education programs.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Puerto Rico-Anasco-
Janssen Ortho LLC (2162)