Johnson & Johnson Careers
ESTABLISHED PRODUCTS INTERN FOR PAIN PORTFOLIO
Requisition ID: 6999190208
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen, the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson and Johnson, is currently recruiting for a 2019 Summer Intern Position for Pain Portfolio located in Titusville, New Jersey.
Janssen Research and Development is a leading pharmaceutical company in the United States, with a focus on innovation on some of the most devastating diseases and the most complex medical challenges of our time, across five therapeutic areas: Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, Neuroscience, and Oncology. The Janssen portfolio of pharmaceutical products also includes a large number of legacy products which are managed within the Established Products (EP) group, a functional area within the Global Medical Organization of Janssen Research and Development. EP is responsible for the late lifecycle management and optimization of a variety of legacy products across a diverse group of therapeutic areas including the Pain Portfolio.
The Intern of Pain Portfolio will:
- Work with the compound development teams for one or more of our legacy products in the Pain Portfolio to further enhance core company labelling and global labelling based on the most current data available for that product.
- Engage with other teams within organization to determine the value of the brands in the context of the overall portfolio of products.
- Participate in a cross-functional team for evaluation of innovative approaches to better serve patients. Reviews medical literature, evaluates new technologies, and consults with both internal and external experts to contribute to the development plan.
- Minimum Requirements
- Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing MD, PhD, Pharm D or any other health care related advanced degree.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in the Biological Sciences with strong clinical experience or preferably possessing or enrolled in a Master’s degree in a Clinical Science or a related field or Paramedical (Allied Health care) professionals (including nurse practitioners, physician's assistants and midwifes) with strong clinical/research background.
- Candidate should be passionate about science & operational excellence.
- Candidate should possess strong problem-solving skills for developing creative solutions and meeting project objectives.
- Candidate should have demonstrated ability of strategic thinking and contingency planning with respect to project objectives.
- Candidate with a good knowledge of computer science, machine learning and artificial intelligence is a strong plus.
- Candidate must be available to work Full Time and available for the total duration of the role (3 months).
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status).
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks while maintaining a strong sense of urgency is essential.
- Candidate must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a matrix team.
- Candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Candidates must be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and must have strong oral and outstanding written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in SharePoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed and other literature databases.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
- This position is located in Titusville, New Jersey and requires a commute to that location on a daily basis.
- Previous work experience in clinical research in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of the clinical trial development Process (Phase I –IV).
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)