Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead Designer, Orthopaedic Robotics
Requisition ID: 6993190613
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Lead Designer, Orthopaedic Robotics to be based in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
As the Lead Designer, Orthopaedics Robotics, you possess the leadership skills needed to work independently and lead cross functional teams to implement projects of moderate to high complexity. You will collaborate cross functionally with operations, marketing, quality assurance and research and development (R&D) to identify opportunities. You will also build business cases and perform the work necessary to realize product cost. Being a coach and provide mentorship to peers, junior team members, coops and/or external consultants. Driving technical resolutions in manufacturing and troubleshoots product issues under compressed timelines. In this role you will research new technologies in areas of product development and you will seek, drive and accelerate change that has lasting and significant impact. Moreover, you will build partnerships to evaluate new technologies and influence direction on potential improvements.
You will be a technical and subject matter authority for the creation of complex three-dimensional designs and models using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software and equipment.
- Reviewing layouts of complex assemblies and validating dimensions of parts in relation to one another and to a whole system or project.
- Overseeing the design of major components or major portions of systems to develop or improve products while considering impact on inspection and manufacturing.
- Providing expertise in drafting practices, GD&T and engineering mathematics to ensure design requirements are defined.
- Analyzing complex designs from sketches, redlining blueprints or from oral engineering presentations.
- You will oversee ideas and understand inadequacies of designs and settle possible solutions to design problems.
- Provides written and verbal communication such as status reports, progress reports and documentation to product development management and business partners.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant design engineering experience required.
- Previous experience in highly regulated industry is required.
- Experience working in a multi-functional landscape, following a product through the entire design cycle is required.
- Experience developing 3D CAD models is required.
- Experience working with Siemens NX software is preferred.
- Orthopedic experience is desirable.
- R&D experience with other medical device technologies and product lines outside of orthopedics is desirable.
- Experience in New Product Development delivering engineering specifications with complex system components and architecture preferred.
- Ability to bridge across interpersonal groups, communicating product requirements from the Digital Orthopedic Surgery group to Supply Chain partners required.
- Proven experience in, or willingness to participate in a start- up type culture working in a fast pace, small nimble team environment is desired.
- This position is in Warsaw, IN and will require up to 10% travel domestic and internationally.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)