Associate Director, Bioassay Methods Development
Your job alert was successfully created.
Janssen Research & Development is recruiting for an Associate Director, Bioassay Methods Development, located in Malvern, Pennsylvania.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Associate Director, Bioassay Methods Development will lead a group responsible for development, of cell-based bioassay, immunoassay, and nucleic acid assays to the support development of Biotherapeutics including therapeutic proteins monoclonal antibodies, and bi-specific antibodies.
• Development, qualification/validation and transfer of assays to QC labs
• Biological characterization in support of IND and BLA filings including, structure function and comparability studies.
• Support regulatory filings including INDs and BLAs.
• Assume responsibility for a staff of approximately 6-8 employees (direct reports).
• Represent the department on cross-functional and external teams and act as a technical expert on bioassays, immunoassays, and nucleic acid assays.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific discipline with at least 12 years of pharmaceutical or related industry experience OR a Master's degree with at least 10 years of pharmaceutical or related industry experience OR a PhD with 6 years of pharmaceutical or related industry experience in addition to a post-doctoral experience is required
• Prior people management experience is required
• A minimum of 5 years of prior management experience with accountability for individual performance management (i.e., setting goals, conducting performance reviews) is preferred
• Experience with method development and/or supervision of method development in cell-based bioassays and binding assays are required
• Immuno-chemistry and DNA experience is preferred
• Experience with bioassays for therapeutic proteins, vaccines and/or cell and gene therapy is required
• Experience with bioassays for therapeutic proteins is preferred
• This role is based in Malvern, PA and may require up to 10% of domestic and international travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)