Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manufacturing Line Lead 1
Requisition ID: 6992180405
Manufacturing Line Lead 1
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Cerenovus, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing. Biosense Webster is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders and one of the fastest-growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson. Learn more at Biosense Webster at www.biosensewebster.com
Johnson & Johnson’s Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group within Medical Devices is recruiting for a Manufacturing Line Lead 1 for Biosense Webster (BWI), located in Irwindale CA.
Supervises and coordinates the activities of employees engaged in assembling part or assemblies into units by performing the following duties: Responsible for supervising directly or through group leaders and/or lower team leaders, employees with considerable variation in pay and complex skills. Other responsibilities involve assisting in the day-to-day planning of department activities, develop new methods and systems, authorizing overtime and controlling costs, Assignment of work is in accordance with schedules fixed by the Production Manager.
In accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, the duties of this position may include:
• Trained and certified in documents associated with various manufacturing workstations.
• Ensures corporate procedures for Security/Hygiene and Personal Security are followed.
• Ensures the maintenance and cleaning of the work area.
• Captures information related to manufacturing processes including yield, productivity, flow, etc.
• Generates graphs and reports utilizing Microsoft Office.
• Investigate material usage in JD Edwards
• Completes audits and maintains official manufacturing documentation.
• Studies production schedules and estimates employee hour requirements for completion of job
assignment. Establishes or adjusts work schedules to meet production requirements.
• Interprets company or area policies and procedures to employees, enforces safety and compliance to
environmental control procedures, and GMP regulations.
• Interprets specifications, device drawings, and work orders to employees and assigns duties.
• Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance,
yields and quality of products. Responds to and participates in corrective action implementation to
observations identified in internal audits.
• Verifies machinery and equipment are current on calibration and preventive maintenance.
• Meets the basic requirements to recognize the validation or modification of a product.
• Ensures GMP for work area and manufacturing associates.
• Trains employees and supervisors to manufacturing procedures and work instructions.
• Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
• Follows all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all
resources needed to do so are available and in good condition
• Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and
Company regulations, policies, and procedures
• Performs other duties assigned as needed
Associates Degree or higher required
Experiences & Skills:
• Minimum four years of related experience required
• Prior manufacturing assembly experience preferred
• Prior supervisory experience preferred
• Medical Device experience preferred
• Microsoft office proficiency required
• Ability to work with specific equipment (microscope, micrometer, calipers, etc.) required
• Ability to evaluate area metrics (Yield, Effectiveness, etc.) required
• Good to excellent reading, writing, and communication skills in the English language are required
• Basic understanding of statistics (mean, standard deviation, range, etc.) required
• Basic understanding of GMP required
• Experience with JD Edwards is preferred
• Ability to work Monday – Friday, 6am – 2:30pm. Flexibility to work occasional weekends or alternate shifts required.
Additional Position Requirements:
• Weekend and overtime work may be required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
• The employee will be required to wear special garments when working in a clean room.
• The work environment may be loud.
• The employee should have the ability to work with a variety of equipment.
• Hearing and eye protection should be worn with applicable and new equipment.
• Safety shoes must be worn while working near equipment as required by policy.
• The employee may need to wear special garments when working in a clean room production
• environment, must be able to complete repetitive movements for extensive periods of time.
• The employee must occasionally lift and /or 30 pounds.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)