Johnson & Johnson Careers
IT Portfolio Manager
Requisition ID: 6980190207
CBT J&J is recruiting for a(n) IT Portfolio Manager, located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
We are seeking a dynamic and ambitious individual with a proficient technology portfolio background to join the CBT PMO to build a premier Global Portfolio Management Office. You will produce insights with recommendations, and further mature our project governance capabilities, strategically improving business value and realized benefits based on our IT investments.
In this role you will engage business technology leads, portfolio members, project managers as well as executive leaders on global portfolio and project management standards, partnering with them to shape and mature our practice. You will work closely with the Corporate Business Development team to evaluate opportunities and drive good business decisions. You will provide insights, identify trends, issues and opportunities within the CBT portfolio in partnership with Corporate Domain Project Managers. You will ensure quality data in our central portfolio tools, and institute stage gate reviews and project health checks with project managers and product line owners, with risk reporting to leadership.
As a Portfolio Manager you will define, improve and publish global metrics and dashboards representing the overall CBT Portfolio and Operational Health. You will collect financial actuals and forecasts, analyze trends, factoring in methodologies, and adjust our estimation processes appropriately.
Your role requires leadership and initiation, working independently to continuously refine the PMO to optimize CBT's Portfolio health. You will partner with BTLs and the PM Studio to ensure portfolio performance, monitoring our guardrail to J&J Finance requirements.
- Develop and maintain global IT Portfolio Management and Governance related Investment review, tracking, Business Partner review and alignment with ePMO, Product Lines and Business Technology Leaders.
- Periodic ownership/executive reporting including both written and oral portfolio level updates
- Partner with the Project Management team to drive data quality for budget, schedule, risk, resource, and scope management. Includes effective stakeholder communications through facilitated monthly, quarterly, annual key IT Portfolio status overviews.
- CBT Investment portfolio dashboards and analytics with metrics for all portfolio reviews and financial planning activities including Budget Management, Funding Sources, Project Start and Stop dates.
- Facilitate prioritization discussions between IT and Line of Business leaders to ensure alignment on the company’s IT project investments.
- Champion adoption of new processes, frameworks, tools supporting IT Portfolio business value measurement as well as business process optimization.
- Escalation and communication of critical issues (and other immediate obstacles to business plan execution) directly to ownership/executive team
- Partner with Business Technology Leads to align roadmaps to investments and execute based on their roadmaps, strategic initiatives and investment types.
- Ensure regular updates occur in portfolio-related tools with quality data, providing the most up-to-date and accurate project reporting information.
- Stage gate reviews and project health checks, validating delivery of Initiate Phase artifacts, including Business Case completion, PM and BA Assignments.
- Partner with global teams of Project Managers, Portfolio Leads and Business Technology Leads towards process consistency and data quality, Provide governance check points, audit review of artifacts.
- Build Portfolio status and reporting views with data pulls from Enterprise Data Lake as required
- Problem solving ability at both the project and strategic levels
- Ability to lead a team of individuals towards a common goal
- Highly organized and detail oriented in work output
- Ability to think creatively and systematically using qualitative and quantitative information from a variety of sources
- Ability to collaborate closely with internal portfolio managers as well as others in the Investment Office
- Strong analytical skills, combined with an aptitude for evaluating innovative opportunities required. The incumbent should also possess excellent verbal and written skills as well as strong quantitative and financial modeling skills. The ability to interpret and present multivariate analyses to a wide variety of audiences is also an important requirement.
- Astute understanding and job related experience that demonstrates financial analysis capability and operating performance of Enterprise Corporate Systems
- At least 5 years of professional experience, inclusive of Information Technology Project and Portfolio Management, in the area of IT project management, systems development or support.
- Demonstrated understanding of portfolio management concepts in a technology setting
- Strong presenter, demonstrating the aptitude of communicating clearly and effectively to upper management and all levels across departments.
- Able to facilitate with and present to senior audiences, and maintain positive working relationships with IT teams
- Excellent judgment and leadership skills, with a working knowledge of virtual and new technologies
- Experience with SDLC, ITIL, PMP, Agile, Scrum, GXP and Sarbanes-Oxley Technology Controls
- Experience with Atlassian, Slack, Jira, Leankit, and PMx highly desirable
- Strong proficiency with project management practices, tools and methodologies (eg Sharepoint, Clarity, Oracle PPM)
- Analytics and Reporting Tool Experience (Tableau, Qlik, etc)
- Strong proficiency in MS office tools such as Excel.
- Technical View Reporting Development and ability to pull data from other sources via queries.
- Influence and facilitate decisions across all levels of Business and IT organizations
- Finance budget planning and cost reporting
- Build and diagnose business-related technology insights based on data to executives and directors
- BA/BS required
- Minimal travel required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
IT Project Management