Johnson & Johnson Careers
Facilities Engineer/Technician in Maintenance, Projects & Construction
Requisition ID: 6978180713
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Facilities Engineer/Technician located in Monument, CO.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
General Summary Plans, conducts and directs engineering projects or studies including complete projects requiring advanced knowledge of a specialized field. Familiar with the CP and BOD approach. Applies comprehensive and diverse knowledge of engineering principles and practices within broad assignment areas.
The Facilities Engineering Technician is responsible for providing direct to the Engineering & Property Management technical team and process support. Additional responsibilities include:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining current knowledge and adhering to provisions of FDA, OSHA, GMP, MPs, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, equipment specifications and process specifications
- PMP Certified Project Management is highly preferred.
- Follow appropriate safety practices to prevent accidents to self or others.
- Understanding or work site safety in mfg or construction environment.
- Demonstrated leadership in previous roles and understanding of construction requirements.
- Preparing and maintaining accurate documentation for adherence to GMP, FDA, and ISO regulations
- Familiar with J&J Software applications ETQ, Maximo, Instantis, Qlik, Crystal Clear, Ariba, eMarketplace a huge plus.
- Utilizing Process Excellence tools & FPX project models
- Follow all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and to maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance to credo.
- Creating, reviewing, and updating project scopes along with CP & BOD coordination.
- Investigating alternative methods and procedures to reduce variability and improve equipment reliability, process with knowledge of POET tools.
- Participate in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment, ability to organize and manage work teams at all levels. .
- Work and communicate with others in a team environment; interface with co-workers and support functions to resolve problems.
- Cross-train and support other areas as training requirements permit to cover absences and other needs. Experienced train the trainer.
- Coordinates inspections and tests of machinery and equipment to detect malfunctions as required.
- Oversees the dismantling of defective machines and equipment and the installation of new or repaired parts with contractors.
- Coordinates and insures maintenance logs, part requisitions, preventive maintenance inspection records and other required maintenance documentation
- Perform project review & process requirements in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance and production goals as well as training requirements.
- Demonstrating behaviors consistent with J&J Standards of Leadership and that make a positive impact on team/shift
- Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks required
- Willing to work extra hours and off shifts when required by business needs.
- Provide written reports and detail project documentation in Microsoft project if needed..
- Demonstrate history of accomplishments and successful project completion
- Identify and implement ideas and solutions to support initiatives for process improvements.
- Support new equipment acquisition efforts including machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
- Ability to support other Engineering & Property Management Service areas.
- Calculates and estimates of design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related expenses. Researches criteria and performance specifications for facilities and equipment required to meet unique operating requirements and building and safety codes.
- Experienced financial acumen for large capital projects, ability to reconcile and track spending expenditures.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of related experience is required.
- Previous experince in project/construction field operations is required.
- PMP Certified Project Management is highly preferred.
- Understanding of MAXIMO/TPM programs preferred.
- Experienced in Medical device and operations preferred.
- Strong written, verbal communication and computer skills is required.
- Advance math skills and knowledge necessary to perform intermediate calculations related to process parameters such as for metal cutting technologies (speeds, feeds, rpm, etc.) is required.
- Previous experience in medical equipment validations, commissioning and understanding of quality systems requirements preferred.
- Process and procedural knowledge is required to support engineering initiatives including validations, commissioning and process tests within an assigned area.
- Must be able to work in conditions that may be hot, cold, heights, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals.
- Will be required to work on feet up to 85% of the time
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Demonstrate history of positive interpersonal skills showing courtesy, tact, and understanding in interactions with coworkers, even under stressful circumstances.
- Competent communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- This position is located in Monument, CO and may require up to 10% travel domestically and/or internationally.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)