Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Director, Global Communication & Public Affairs. The position is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision, through its operating companies, is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses portfolio.
In 2017, with the addition of the Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision business, Johnson & Johnson invested further in eye health by expanding into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health. Serving more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries, Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to helping more people in more places improve or restore their sight. Dual headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, and Santa Ana, California, Johnson & Johnson Vision has more than 10,000 employees worldwide.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Director, Global Communication & Public Affairs is responsible for developing and managing the day to day implementation of integrated strategic communications programs in support of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (JJVC) – largely focused on ACUVUE “megabrand” -- globally and reports to the Head of Communications for Johnson & Johnson Vision and Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions Group to ensure that those communications are connected to and supportive of the company’s overall communications objectives and priorities. The person in this position will provide strategic communications support and counsel to the WW President of JJVC, sit on the JJVC Leadership team and provide counsel to several other leadership teams. Dedicated to helping people see better, live better, and connect better, JJVC is the market leader in the contact lens category and generates over $3.5 billion in global sales annually.
The Director, Global Communication & Public Affairs will be a source of ideas and counsel for the JJVC Leadership Team as well as directly accountable for the business’s external and internal communications programs, brand and trade public relations strategy and tactics, ongoing issues management, and community relations. Regional communication leaders based around the world report to the Director, making strong global acumen and ability to lead remote teams critical. The Director will work closely with Johnson & Johnson Vision colleagues in multiple functions, including Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Research & Development and Medical Affairs, Supply Chain and Legal, to execute communications programs that drive growth, support innovation, increase employee engagement and enhance J&J’s corporate reputation among all relevant internal/external stakeholders.
The Director will also lead project teams of agency professionals on both an ongoing and as needed basis. The person in this role will also collaborate closely with other members of the Johnson & Johnson Global Corporate Affairs (GCA) team and, as appropriate, direct or lead the work they perform on behalf of JJVC (examples include high profile product launches requiring support from functional specialists such as consumer PR, media relations, social media outreach, or issues management, etc.).
- Set the proactive, integrated communication strategy and agenda for J&J Vision Care to achieve goals with both employees and external stakeholders in accordance with the goals and priorities established by the JJV leadership team.
- Serve as a principal, day-to-day communications partner for WW President Vision Care, providing executive communications support for both internal and external engagements. Also provides ongoing PR counsel to the President’s Leadership Team.
- Lead a team of Regional Communicators for the Vision business, supporting people development/growth and driving a consistent message and impact around the world.
- Serve as primary media spokesperson related to JJVC contact lens business and prepares business leaders for media interviews.
- Create and direct the development of effective, world-class communications' content to be used across a variety of formats and channels for diverse stakeholders. Includes media messaging and materials, speeches, videos, presentations, social media content, etc.
- Engage peers in Global Communications & Public Affairs across the enterprise to leverage the full mix of capabilities and expertise to support the Vision business.
- Monitor the landscape with business partners, anticipates and addresses issues to protect and advance reputation.
- Measure the effectiveness of communications strategies, capitalizes on learnings and adjusts course as needed.
- Incorporate digital and social media platforms into communications strategy.
- Manage relationships with external firms on key projects, as needed.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in communications with a focus on global strategic communications, media relations, issues management, and stakeholder engagement.
- Current or previous experience with both external and internal (i.e. employee engagement, employee relations, or employee engagement) communications.
- Previous or current experience developing and launching major disease or consumer awareness campaigns or large product campaigns, as well as large-scale global branded PR campaigns.
- Success delivering measurable business outcomes for both professional and consumer-facing PR programs.
- Experience working in a matrix environment and driving results through influence.
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and matrix environment and demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- This position is located at the J&J Vision Care headquarters in Jacksonville, Florida and will require up to 30% domestic and international travel.
- Current or previous experience in the following:
- Working in a highly regulated environment and a demonstrated understanding of regional health authorities
- Corporate and product communication
- Healthcare industry
- Working for a Public Relations or Communications agency
- Ability to oversee agency partners
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing?
Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)