Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead Software Test Automation Engineer, Digital Orthopedic Surgery
Requisition ID: 6967191007
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is seeking a Lead Software Test Automation Engineer, Digital Orthopedic Surgery to join our team in Boston, MA where we are building a software platform for our robotic surgery product line.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Digital Orthopedic Surgery team is bringing innovation to patient care. We are using robotics and digital tools for surgical teams to increase the performance, accuracy, and safety of surgical procedures. We are creating an extensible operating room ecosystem to support our surgical products. Our vision is to create a process of continuous improvement through analysis of intra-operative and post-operative surgical data. We are dedicated to improving patient outcomes through the advancement of medical technology. This role will work on a multi-disciplinary team to deliver next-generation capabilities for production medical systems.
The Lead Test Automation Engineer for Software will work alongside other software and product development professionals to align on a rigorous development and testing approach to bring to market products of the highest quality and commercial potential. You will innovate automated testing solutions for new product development for medical device software. You will create test cases and work with product owners and quality professionals to review and approve the test cases written by others on the team. You will develop and use continuous integration pipelines for test execution and automate integration tests using hardware simulation and electromechanical robotics. It is key to this role and the success of our team that you mentor junior developers and delegate all aspects of software testing to those individuals. You must become versed in our regulation-based documentation protocols and quality management approach.
- Participating in an Agile team of software test engineers focused on high engagement and high performance in application delivery.
- Defining testing and test automation strategy in collaboration with other software development professionals including test engineers. Executing test plans and test cases ensuring that they meet provided requirements.
- Effective automated testing of applications during the Software Development Lifecycle including design, implementation, and execution.
- Detailed understanding and consistent use of our Quality Management System tools and procedures including documentation of Software Verification Protocols and test results.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; A major in Computer Science or similar is preferred.
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in software development which includes testing responsibilities required.
- Strong capabilities/experience creating and executing tests for verification of input requirements required.
- Experience working with and helping implement key parts of a continuous integration development pipeline is required.
- Experience in all Quality Assurance related production software creation from development to deployment is required.
- Scripting experience with Python, Bash, PowerShell or equivalents required.
- This position will be based in Boston, MA and will require up to 10% domestic and potentially international travel.
- Familiarity with C++, C#, and python programming languages preferred.
- Familiarity BDD/Gherkin format is preferred.
- Experience with Agile software development artifacts like User Stories and Acceptance Criteria preferred.
- Cross-functional software development using Scrum is a common methodology of choice for our teams and exposure to this is preferred.
- Experience using a repository for managing test cases is desired.
- A proficiency with language that provides you exceptional written and verbal communication skills is a big plus.
- Due to the nature of medical device product development, experience working in a highly regulated environment like finance or aviation is a plus
- Experience with medical devices is strongly preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)