Johnson & Johnson Careers
Myeloid Malignancy Strategy Leader
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Clinical Research MD
Requisition ID: 6967180323
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Myeloid Malignancy Strategy Leader to be in Spring House, PA or Raritan, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen's Oncology Therapeutic Area is committed to a singular vision: to transform cancer to a preventable, chronic or curable disease by delivering extraordinary and accessible diagnostic and therapeutic solutions that prolong and improve patients' lives.
Janssen is developing therapies for myeloid malignancies including Dacogen, Talactouzumab, CD123XCD3 that we hope will change the life of patients with myeloid malignancies. Looking to the future, Janssen is putting the most compelling science to work with aim to cure myeloid malignancies or prevent its progression from earlier precursor stages.
The Myeloid Malignancy Strategy Leader, Hematological Malignancy Disease Area will have the following key areas of responsibilities:
• Lead the strategy and operational activities to deliver a portfolio of programs that aim to cure myeloid malignancies.
• Play a key leadership role in the Hematologic Malignancy Disease Area Stronghold at strategic level, and to represent the Disease area with the global myeloid malignancies community.
• Oversee a multidisciplinary team accountable for delivering on the scientific strategy and business plan for the myeloid malignancy group portfolio
• Guide the discovery and early development of New Molecular Entities, including novel target identification, translational research and, the continual application of innovative approaches towards curing myeloid malignancies.
• Actively contributes to Compound Strategy decision-making by ensuring relevant research, analysis, and expertise is available.
• Build internal collaborations with Johnson & Johnson sectors, Diagnostic, prevention and other internal Centers of Excellence
• The Disease Strategy Leader may be required to lead specific Compound Development Teams (CDT) developing myeloid assets in partnership with line functions.
• Builds team effectiveness, and leads the Compound Development Team (CDT) to achieve its goals through the networks of people/functions represented on the team. When necessary, negotiates with function heads on functional deliverables
• Identify and cultivate productive relationships and collaborations with major players in the myeloid malignancies research community (thought leaders, cooperative groups, CROs, companies, academic labs).
• The role requires a high-performing and energetic individual who demonstrates outstanding scientific knowledge applicable to myeloid malignancies translational and clinical research and the highest personal and ethical standards.
• This position requires a minimum of an Advanced Degree (MS, MBA, PharmD, Ph.D or MD).
• A trained (Board certified or Board eligible) Oncologist or Hematologist is strongly preferred. Applicable post-doctoral fellowship training is required.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in drug discovery, translational research and/or clinical development is required.
• Significant knowledge of basic and clinical landscape of myeloid malignancies and be externally recognized in the field.
• Strong leadership skills with highly collaborative instincts and the ability to use influencing skills are required.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation and public speaking skills are required.
• Successful work experience in a matrix team environment with cross functional teams is required.
• Travel required may be up to 25 % annually (international, as well as domestic)
• The role will report to the Hematological Malignancy Disease Area Leader
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Research MD