Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Laboratory Technician Co-op (Analytical Lab), Fall 2018 (4 or 8 months) 1 of 2
Requisition ID: 6966180323
Johnson & Johnson Inc. is a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. In Canada, Johnson & Johnson Inc. markets innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, and oral health as well as a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter products through our McNeil Consumer Healthcare division.
At Johnson & Johnson Inc. our purpose is to "Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living" by providing Canadians with some of the world's most widely used and trusted brands including; JOHNSON'S ® Baby, NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® LISTERINE®, BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages, TYLENOL®, REACTINE® , BENYLIN® , NICORETTE®, NICODERM® and many more.
As a member of the Analytical Quality Laboratory team, you will be responsible for supporting the testing of raw materials, in-process and finished products, and GMP duties including solution preparation and glassware washing. In addition, this individual may be required to complete assigned projects in support of continuous improvement initiatives.
• You will prepare solutions for analytical/chemical testing including buffers, acids, bases, standards, HPLC/UPLC mobile phases, and test solutions.
• Operate glassware dishwasher to ensure sufficient glassware is available for testing.
• You will complete housekeeping and GMP support tasks ensuring compliance with all procedures and protocols.
• You will conduct basic sample preparation and analysis of raw materials, in-process materials and finished products using standard analytical techniques.
• Perform chemical assays, content/dose uniformity, dissolutions, FTIR, identification tests, titrations, specific gravity, sieve analysis, UV-VIS.
• You will gain exposure to advanced testing such as HPLC and UPLC analysis.
• Maintain up-to-date and accurate records of all work performed (using GDP principles) in laboratory books, log books and controlled worksheets.
• Enrolled in a Bachelor of Science program, available for a 4 or 8 month work term beginning in Sept 2018
• Candidate should possess previous experience in a laboratory setting, with basic understanding of laboratory equipment and analytical techniques.
• Working knowledge of HPLC, FTIR, UV and wet chemistry is an asset.
• Working knowledge of the USP or regulatory requirements is an asset.
• Basic knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
• Ability to work both independently or as an integral member of the team.
• Very high attention to detail is required, with demonstrated problem solving and multitasking capabilities.
• Enjoy working to multiple deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare in Guelph is a production facility that manufactures a wide variety of OTC and Rx products including the TYLENOL* and MOTRIN* solid and liquid dose products. The site houses a manufacturing facility, chemistry and microbiology quality laboratories and R&D chemistry and pilot scale laboratories.
Our site is located on a bus route, and features a walking trail, green space and a beach volleyball court. Additionally, we have a gym/workout zone with on-site Fitness Coordinators that provide free group classes (e.g. Pilates, Yoga, Zumba, Circuit and HIIT Training). We pride ourselves in encouraging employee initiatives to improve the work culture, health & wellness and community involvement of our employees.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)