Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Product Development Engineer II, Spine (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 6953180322
DePuy Synthes Spine, Inc a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for two Product Development Engineer II, Spine to be located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Product Development Engineer II, Spine will be responsible for:
- The design and development aspects of a project, participating on cross-functional project team through all phases of the product development process, and assisting the project leader with planning and executing projects or portions of a project through product launch, commercialization, and post market surveillance.
- He/she may technically lead small projects with oversight, and/or will work closely with the project leader, members of the project core team (marketing, manufacturing, quality, testing, supply chain etc.) and surgeons to define design inputs, and solve design problems utilizing CAD techniques, rapid and conventional prototyping and other available technologies.
- This individual will develop layouts and tolerance studies utilizing GD&T, and will participate in performing design evaluations (such as FEA, simulated use testing, dry labs and wet tissue labs etc.), and will support generating documentation of clinical and surgical technique observations to create meaningful design solutions.
- The Product Development Engineer II will also be involved with development and execution of design verification and validation plans and testing and will support regulatory processes for global registration efforts.
- The design and development of complex mechanisms and will work with manufacturing engineering and/or suppliers to optimize designs for manufacturability and assembly to produce functioning prototypes and supporting production documentation.
- He/she should demonstrate proficiency in the application of design controls and development processes, and support the project leader with aspects of the project management functions including scope definition, and contingency planning.
- This individual should have a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage a varied workload, exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills and interface effectively with project teams, management and surgeons.
- The Product Development Engineer II will also be expected to develop a working knowledge of our product lines and detailed knowledge of various spinal pathologies, and will be an active participant in sales training and in providing ongoing product support to the field as needed.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering with mechanics or electrical focus is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience within New Product Development and/or engineering is required.
- Experience working within a regulated industry is required; Medical Device, Spine or Orthopedic experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, proper tolerancing, drafting standards, and GD&T is required.
- The ability to develop creative solutions to solve design problems is required.
- The ability to work and execute projects tasks within a cross functional environment is required.
- Prior experience working with project teams bringing products from concept to launch is preferred.
- Strong communication skills are required; the ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals, surgeons, customers and/ or teams.
- Baseline knowledge of reviewing and assessing patents and other forms of intellectual property is preferred.
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) is required.
- Knowledge of CAD software is required; Pro-E/Creo or UniGraphics NX is preferred.
- The ability to look beyond conventional solutions and familiarity with technologies extending beyond traditional orthopedic therapies and products is preferred.
- The ability to work within a cadaver lab and operating room setting is required.
- This position will be based in Raynham, MA and may require up to 10% travel, including potential international.
If you want to explore the many small-company environments behind the big-company impact of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, bid on this position today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)