Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Ethicon and CSS Intellectual Property Strategy
Somerville, New Jersey; Cincinnati, Ohio
Requisition ID: 6950180323
Ethicon Endo- Surgery, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Director of Intellectual Property Strategy located in Somerville, NJ (preferred) or Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, advanced energy, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson. The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neurovascular, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular, Breast Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
As the Director of Intellectual Property Strategy:
• You will support the innovation ambitions of the Ethicon and CSS Franchises. You will be responsible for leading a diverse, global team of Patent Liaisons to develop and execute intellectual property strategies to aid delivery of the Franchise innovation strategies.
• You will work in close partnership with the Patent Attorney team and R&D to maximize IP strategic value to the business.
• You will create filing strategies, prosecution strategies, third party patent rights, and training on IP savviness for the broader organization.
• You will also be accountable for linking IP strategic ambitions to business planning and budgeting processes to maximize value creation.
• You will be a leader of a global team of Patent Liaisons/Patent Agents.
• You will be accountable for creating tailored development plans and growth opportunities for the Patent Liaison team members, creating a pipeline of talent to fuel the future.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or science field, with a minimum of 10 years of IP related experience is required.
• Patent Agent having passed or in the process of taking the US Patent Bar is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in an IP/business strategy arena utilizing the multiple disciplines of technology, business and patent expertise to achieve strategic business results is required.
• Experience with developing diverse, geographically dispersed teams is required.
• Proven ability to deliver in the areas of leadership and patent strategy is required.
• Must be knowledgeable of the patent prosecution processes globally including USPTO and EPO is required.
• General knowledge of trade secrets, trademarks and copyrights is required.
• Regulatory compliance knowledge of GMP, MDR, 510K (Pre-market Notification) is preferred.
• Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time to domestic and international destinations.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Ethicon Inc. (6045)