Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist - DNA-Encoded Library (DEL), Discovery Chemistry
Requisition ID: 6948190214
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, DNA-Encoded Library (DEL), Discovery Chemistry located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, is seeking an experienced, highly skilled, and motivated medicinal chemist to work in our laboratories in Spring House, PA, for the position of Principal Scientist - DNA-Encoded Library (DEL), Discovery Chemistry. This position will require the candidate to possess an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of DNA-encoded library technology and extensive hands-on experience with the design, reaction development and synthesis of DNA-encoded libraries, as well as data analysis, hits selection and validation and Hit-to-Lead optimization. This individual will significantly contribute to the overall DELT strategy and the advancement of this technology at Janssen. The incumbent will play a leading role in the design and synthesis of Janssen DNA-encoded libraries, and the development of novel DEL-compatible reactions. He/She will collaborate closely with other functional areas in Discovery Chemistry and Lead Discovery, and with external CROs and research institutions to effectively execute our DEL strategy. Responsibilities of the Principal Scientist will include:
- Lead the design, chemistry development and synthesis of DNA-encoded libraries through collaborations with both internal and external partners
- Lead the effort to develop novel on-DNA chemistries that can be applied in DEL protocols
- Implement building block enrichment strategy to enable the DEL build
- A core team member to contribute to the overall DEL strategy and the advancement of this technology
- Collaborate closely with Lead Discovery team to enable the DEL selection
- Supervise a group of scientists to deliver on DEL objectives
- Serve as a scientific leader and expert in DEL with both internal and external partners and provide recommendations regarding emerging external capabilities.
- Ensure optimal interaction/communication and provide updates on project status to Discovery leadership
- Maintain significant personal laboratory presence
- A PhD in synthetic or medicinal chemistry with 7 or more years of related experience is required.
- Postdoctoral experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 or more years’ experience in the biopharmaceutical industry is required.
- Experience with DNA-encoded library design, reaction development, library synthesis and successful application of DEL to discovery programs is required.
- A proven track record of drug discovery and/or synthetic chemistry is required
- Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative, innovative solutions, and meeting project objectives are required
- Demonstrated influence, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to succeed within a matrix environment are required
- Experience in mentoring team members in a drug discovery environment is required
- Strong track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed first-author publications, patent applications, and presentations at major national meetings is required
- Track record of independently managing the scientific execution of a project, working effectively with colleagues as well as external contract researchers to deliver on objectives is required
- Experience with lab automation and parallel synthesis is preferred
- Experience with modern chemoinformatics, computational tools and scientific software in drug discovery, and the ability to apply data-mining, data visualization and other techniques to complex datasets is preferred.
- Maintaining a lab presence and spending up to 30% of time in the lab is required
- Up to 10% travel both domestically and internationally is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)