Johnson & Johnson Careers
SENIOR PATENT COUNSEL
Requisition ID: 6943191008
The Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Patent Counsel to be located in South San Francisco, CA. The position reports to an Assistant General Counsel - Patents.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The responsibilities of this position include representing and advising Johnson & Johnson’s pharmaceutical businesses and R&D units in the areas of patent law and strategy; drafting and prosecuting patent applications; drafting and negotiating transactional agreements; conducting third-party IP diligence; oversight of contractual corporate relationships; and support in patent-related litigations. This position primarily supports the Infectious Disease & Vaccines and Global Public Health businesses.
• A minimum of undergraduate degree in chemistry, biological sciences, or another pharmaceutical-related science. An advanced degree or laboratory experience is preferred.
• A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and an active registration, in good standing, with a state bar and as a USPTO registered patent attorney is required.
• At least five (5) years’ experience drafting and prosecuting small molecule pharmaceutical patent applications at a law firm or in-house legal department of a multinational corporation is required.
• Experience preferred in rendering patentability and non-infringement opinions, supporting due diligence activities, and license/agreement drafting, negotiation and counseling.
• Ability to provide patent support for both small molecule and nucleic-acid based pharmaceutical products is required.
• Fluency in both written and spoken English, emotional intelligence, and ability to counsel senior management.
• Ability to work independently and across business functions and cultures with teams across multiple time zones.
• Ability to travel up to 15% of the time to domestic and international destinations.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)