Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Engineer, Design for 3D Printing
Warsaw, Indiana; Raynham, Massachusetts
Requisition ID: 6943180713
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Staff Engineer, Design for 3D Printing in the 3D Printing Center of Excellence to be based in Warsaw, IN or Raynham, MA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 129 years. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 275 Johnson & Johnson operating companies in more than 60 countries, employing approximately 128,700 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Staff Engineer will provide design expertise to operating companies that are designing new or existing products to be made utilizing 3D Printing Technologies. This position works with internal and external groups to develop products and processes that are specifically designed for 3D Printing technologies. Much of the design work will involve new concept development / benchmarking of new designs and redesigning existing products for 3D Printing Technologies. This Staff Engineer must be experienced in 3D Printing technologies for Polymers, Metals and Ceramics and know the design considerations for each 3D Printing Technology. Rapid design turnaround and the ability to iterate directly with operating company R&D groups is essential.
- You will provide technical leadership for projects in the areas of Design for 3D Printing
- You will support the development of long-term strategy for leveraging offshore design support team.
- You will conduct detailed product/process design reviews.
- You will apply DfAM principles and train others in designing for 3D Printing technologies.
- You will design new products concepts using DfAM principles.
- You will perform Topology Optimization on new and existing parts.
- You will design lattice structures to new and existing part designs.
- You will run print simulations on new and existing part designs.
- You will work with J&J Operating Companies to convert existing parts to AM production.
- You will implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimize lifecycle cost.
- You will design, develop and conduct concept feasibility studies / testing as required.
- You will lead and participate in highly complex engineering projects.
- You will participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions.
- You will mentor and guide external researchers on collaborative projects.
- You will provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- You will ensure all activities align with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent degree with 8+ years of experience is required.
- Master Degree or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- Prior experience with Design for 3D Printing is required.
- Prior experience with medical applications is preferred.
- Ability to analyze structures (force/strain/pressure, etc.,) is required.
- Prior experience of designing implantable orthopedic products and surgical tooling is required
- Experience of developing new manufacturing processes internally or with supplier for prototyping and production of 3D Printed products is preferred.
- Experience in post processing of 3D printed parts is required.
- Experience leading multi-national, cross-functional teams is preferred.
- Must possess strong written, verbal, and presentation skills is required.
- Ability to travel 30% - 40% Domestic and International is required.
North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)