Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
DREXEL BIOCHEMICAL SUPPORT GROUP CO-OP
Requisition ID: 6941171214
This is a co-op position within the within the Bioanalytical Sciences group. This group is responsible for developing, validating, and conducting bioanalytical methods related to large molecule biotherapeutic drug development across all therapeutic areas of J&J, spanning nonclinical studies to post-market clinical development.
The co-op will serve as the primary scientist for the site-specific protein conjugation project, in which different modes of biochemistry will be utilized to label antibodies and other proteins. The end goal is a fully characterized and repeatable immunoassay reagent conjugated at a 1:1 molar ratio. For this project, the co-op would first learn general, applicable conjugation chemistry, and then use site-specific digestion enzymes to further characterize the conjugation site(s) by Mass Spectrometry. We are interested in exploring several methods that have been identified in literature. In addition, the co-op will be expected to:
- Set day-to-day objectives with assistance from manager
- Work under supervision with day-to-day autonomy
- Explain work with independent analysis and conclusions related to assigned tasks through written and oral communication
- Interact with immediate supervisor and project team members/leaders
- Execute tasks as assigned
- Follow standard procedures
- Submit data and outcomes to manager and follow directions on next steps
- Maintain detailed laboratory and experimental records, in accordance with GLP, using electronic laboratory notebooks and electronic laboratory inventory management systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate self-motivation, productivity, excellent communication, scientific problem-solving skills, and the ability to perform biochemical calculations accurately with independence
- Support accurate record keeping and experimental data integrity with the use of statistical packages and standard databases
- Assist project members to complete objectives
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a degree in biological sciences, chemistry or biomedical engineering.
- Candidates must be available to work (Part-time or Full-time).
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in Sharepoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- Candidates with lab bench experience in academic and/or industrial settings are strongly preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 with motivation to learn new concepts is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)