Johnson & Johnson Careers
Planner / Buyer II
Requisition ID: 6940180713
MegaDyne Medical Products, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is hiring a Planner / Buyer II located in Draper, Utah.
With worldwide sales of over $27 billion, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is one of the world’s largest, most innovative surgical companies. The businesses represented in the J&J Medical Device sector are Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products, Biosense Webster, DePuy Synthes, Ethicon, Mentor, and Sterilmed, MegaDyne, Coherex and Olive Medical.
The Planner / Buyer II will be responsible for the effective coordination of the material planning, purchasing and production scheduling function and ensuring timely delivery to customers of finished products for the Megadyne site.
- Enter purchase requisitions, forecasting, work with vendor quality group, enter sterilization loads.
- Prepare purchase orders for raw material, component and related items as specified by engineering and production specifications and schedules
- Compile and summarize statistical data used to determine buying trends/volumes and establish price objectives and/or opportunities
- Identify potential suppliers and evaluates capability, service, cost and overall suitability
- Review comparison chart and proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery for standard purchases
- Source and purchase raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods and related material needed for production
- Take appropriate action in resolving discrepancies in order quantity, price and seeks corrective action on late deliveries
- Coordinate and follow up with production, warehouse, supply chain and others, as appropriate, to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling and movement of materials and services
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, a focused degree in supply chain management is preferred
- An advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience in supply chain operations and/or procurement is required
- Demonstrated experience using ERP and MRP systems is required, preferably JDE / SAP / Visual
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel including report writing, ability to create V-Lookups and/or Pivot Tables is required
- APICS certification is preferred
- Six Sigma experience and/or certification is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time domestically and/or internationally is required
MegaDyne Medical Products, Inc. (6250)