Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist - La Jolla, CA
Requisition ID: 6937190208
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is hiring an Senior Associate Scientist in the Nonclinical Safety (NCS) Pathology Department, located in La Jolla, CA.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Associate Scientist works in the Nonclinical Safety (NCS) Pathology Department, and reports directly to the La Jolla, CA USA West Coast Molecular Pathology Laboratory (WCMPL) Supervisor. The Senior Associate Scientist contributes to WCMPL by providing technical support.
- Perform routine histology workload with minimal supervision, including but not limited to tissue trimming, processing, embedding, sectioning, and staining (H&E, special stains, and molecular pathology assays such as localization of target genes and proteins using immunohistochemical and in situ hybridization staining).
- Works closely with the Pathologists and other scientists within various functional groups.
- Assists with the maintenance of the electronic in vivo study calendar.
- May perform various in vivo tissue collection for process optimization.
- May perform laser capture microdissection.
- May create study documentations (i.e. select data files, reports, and/or data summaries).
- Performs timely inventory and lab supply orders
- Coordinates biological sample shipping and handling.
- A B.S. degree in biology or related science field is required with at least 9 years of relevant experience in a diverse research & development environment; OR a M.S. degree with at least 6 years of relevant experience in a diverse research & development environment is required.
- Histotechnology HT/HTL certification is an asset.
- Familiarity with automated histology equipment is required.
- At least 9 years of hands-on experience with routine histology and immunohistochemistry (academic or industry) is required.
- Broad scientific knowledge in background literature research and sourcing of optimal antibodies, antibody optimization, cross-reactivity studies, protocol development, optimization and validation as well as good problem solving technical skills in histology and molecular pathology is required.
- Experience working with teams and possess strong interpersonal communication skills is required.
- Computer competency MS Office is required.
- The ability to develop the knowledge and application of current local, state and federal guides, laws and regulations for good laboratory practices is required.
- This position is located in La Jolla, CA.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)