Johnson & Johnson Careers
Head of HR, DePuy Synthes Research & Development
Requisition ID: 6933190612
Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. is recruiting for an Head of HR, DePuy Synthes Research & Development. This role will be based in Raynham, MA, Warsaw, IN, or West Chester, PA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Head of HR is responsible for managing the portfolio of HR work within the region in support of the business goals, enterprise and sector HR strategies. This role delivers the HR agenda for the functions within the business group within their region and ensures resource alignment to execute the work through an HR team. The role will actively support their business partners through Coaching, Talent Management, Organizational Design and Business Partnering as required.
This position has HR accountability for supporting the DePuy Synthes R&D organization. The DePuy Synthes Companies are part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies and offers one of the world’s most comprehensive portfolios of orthopedic products and services in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. The Vision of DePuy Synthes is to Keep People Moving and we are committed to a world where patients have access to care that is personalized and connected. Together with customers, we are shaping the future of healthcare with technically and clinically advanced innovations that create value for the global healthcare system. The DePuy Synthes R&D organization is a global organization with ~1000 employees across 6 sites. The DePuy Synthes R&D teams are organized across four key platforms: Joint reconstruction, Trauma, Spine, and Sports & Shoulders. This HR role is accountable for helping shape, build and deploy the talent & capabilities priorities for these platforms in advancement of the most meaningful advanced innovations that have the greatest impact for our patients, customers and our business.
- Partner with BUHR Sector/Function Leads to define cultural, engagement and change initiatives and implementation plans
- Work closely with the Business Leadership team and leader to provide coaching, talent support and organizational support
- Define organizational principles that enable delivery of individual and organizational performance outcomes
- Gather feedback & input from the business on needs and effectiveness of deployed plans
- Manage the portfolio of HR work for the business in support of business goals, enterprise and sector HR strategies
- Lead the North America based DePuy Synthes R&D BUHR team to deliver and support business goals, enterprise and sector HR strategies, and monitor & optimize organizational effectiveness
- Develop talent strategy in partnership with stakeholders to grow diverse leadership talent. Also take ownership for building HR leadership capability and engagement in the country with the Regional Geography HR Lead
- Drive HR strategy and support enterprise HR strategy, programs, policies for their business area and leadership team.
- Develop and deploy the HR strategy for the business supported in their country/region, aligned with the Global Sector strategy. HR strategy also aligned with the HR, Business and Global Services, HR strategies
- Partnership with the Business leaders to develop the HR strategies required to support the business
- Talent Management
- Execute regional talent strategy in partnership with stakeholders to grow diverse leadership talent
- Support building HR leadership capability and engagement in the region
- Ensure the proper hiring, training, & development of all members of the DePuy Synthes R&D BUHR team
- Complexity and Ambiguity Management - Priority Setting and Resources Management
- Knowledge of business and talent competitions from different marketplaces in the region; Strategic understanding of business priorities and knowledge of how to translate it into HR and talent strategy; Skills of how to get strategic alignment with all stakeholders to driving a HR functional agenda with transformational forward thinking and enterprise mindset
- Proven solid experiences on culture building, vision communication, change champion, operational excellence
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. An undergraduate degree in HR related area, Psychology, or related discipline is preferred; Master’s Degree is an asset.
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience with a minimum of 7 years of progressive HR or HR related experience required.
- Managerial experience coaching and leading talent preferred
- Global experience preferred
- Life science industry experience preferred
- Must have strong leadership skills; operates as a regional leader with understanding and appreciation of the global / enterprise context.
- Relationship management, excellent coaching and collaboration skills are required.
- Must be an analytical and strategic thinker with the ability to create integrated global HR solutions to support enterprise goal, in alignment with global HR strategies.
- Influence, shaping solutions, negotiation and consultative skills are required.
- Strong capability in assessing, hiring, developing and coaching talent is required.
- Strong interpersonal, consultative and facilitation skills are required.
- Must have strong presentation skills, with the ability to peak across various forums and communicate to broad, diverse audience.
- Must be a thought leader experienced in shaping solutions, with strong communication and collaborate partnership skills.
- Experience developing high performing, diverse, and sustainable internal and external talent pipeline is required.
- The ability to consistently make informed talent and organization decisions through evidence-based decision making, to improve business outcomes, and lead a team to do the same is required.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to operate as an agile global leader with understanding and appreciation for regional differences required.
- Demonstrated agility in managing change initiatives with measurable and sustained impact required.
- Must be a collaborative partner and team leader with a strong drive to create a positive and inspiring work environment, especially during times of change.
- Experience partnering with others to integrate HR solutions for a unified experience, balancing voice of local customer, external trends, short- and long term needs to achieve business goal required.
- Strong Stakeholder management experience at the most senior levels, coaching for results, and collaboration skills required.
- Excellent business acumen and ability to develop insights market conditions and key business drivers across different industries required.
- Experience delivering integrated HR solutions, balancing voice of customer, short- and long term needs to achieve business goal required.
- Up to approximately 30% domestic or international travel may be required.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)