Johnson & Johnson Careers
Facilities Technician - HVAC
Requisition ID: 6923181108
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company, a member of the Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Facilities Technician – HVAC for the Lancaster PA site. This shift desired for this position will be from 2:00pm – 10:30pm M-F.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company touch more than a billion people’s lives every single day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Under minimal supervision, the Facilities Technician – HVAC will perform all responsible tasks necessary to operate, troubleshoot, service, adjust, repair and maintain facilities equipment and utilities supporting manufacturing processes. Must be able to perform a variety of tasks included but not limited to monitoring and adjustment of utilities to improve throughput, equipment efficiency, and implementation of corrective actions. Must be able to perform routine cleaning, housekeeping and non-routine maintenance with adherence to all safety, environmental, and quality policies and procedures. Must be able to communicate & coordinate with customers and stakeholders regarding schedule and impact of work being performed.
- Proficient in the use of various types of instrumentation to service, maintain and repair all types of air conditioning equipment and refrigeration systems.
- Working knowledge of DDC, pneumatic and electronic controls, VAV boxes, hot water and steam heating systems, large tonnage chillers including related pumps.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment in both a Team setting and independently.
- Work with computerized building automation system to monitor, operate, and adjust environmental and process temperature and humidity controls to ensure efficient operations.
- Read, understand, and work with blue prints, drawings, diagrams, and service and repair manuals. Work with Engineering and/or contractors in the design, layout, installation, troubleshooting, and repair of HVAC systems throughout the facility.
- Ensures quality and compliance in all actions: Attend Good Manufacturing Practices trainings on the schedule designated for the role and as appropriate for the role. Adheres to strict compliance with procedures applicable to the role and functions. Exercises the highest level of integrity in the tasks that are performed. In a timely and prompt manner, identifies, reports and seeks correction for deviations noted in the workplace. Embraces a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time. Supports all investigations in timely and professional manner.
- Acts in accordance to the principles expressed in Our Credo and the Quality Statement Policy in all negotiations and activities within and outside the company, and assures these are met.
- Maintains a level of flexibility to meet maintenance and Project deadlines.
- Works with Information Technology personnel during periods of technical difficulties, patching, or upgrades on the various facility systems.
- Maintain 5S status of facility maintenance areas.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Ensures all assigned trainings are completed on-time.
- Assures training in the assigned tasks have been delivered prior to execution.
- Coaches, mentors, and trains others once qualified.
- Willing to assist and support projects and other key plant initiatives as needed.
- Works towards solutions in a professional demeanor when confronted with challenges, opportunities, and problems.
- Works safely on the mechanical and electrical elements/components of heat pumps, chillers, air handling units, boilers, gas furnaces, and other ancillary equipment.
- Willingness to travel for training and developmental opportunities.
- A minimum of a High School diploma is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of commercial HVAC experience, or equivalent 2-year vocational school, specializing in HVAC is required
- This Position will require a 2:00pm-10:30pm shift
- Experience in a regulated, automated industry is preferred.
- Pharmaceutical/GMP experience is preferred.
- Read and write English, knowledgeable on drafts and diagrams reading and repair manuals interpretation.
- Blueprint reading.
- A basic understanding / working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (Word, Outlook, Excel, Etc) and other generic computer applications is required
- The ability to troubleshoot (independently at times) in a safe, compliant, and effective fashion is essential to this role.
- Excellent verbal and documentation skills are required for this role as it includes interactions with government and company auditors/inspectors.
- The ability to work in a highly integrated team environment providing strong support to teammates and customers.
- Experience working with machine shop equipment (Drill Press, Band Saws, etc.) is preferred
- A current EPA certification in refrigerant handling is required
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)