Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Application Support
Piscataway, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 6918180713
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Application Support, within the Contracting Strategy & Management Contracting Competency Center (CCC), located in Piscataway, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. provides account management and customer support services to key health care customers, including hospital systems and group purchasing organizations, leading health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, and government health care institutions. The company also provides contract management, logistics and supply chain functions for the major Johnson & Johnson franchises.
Johnson & Johnson Customer & Logistics Services (CLS) is a global Supply Chain organization that supports operating units across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. CLS strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as distribution and transportation. In addition, CLS oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. CLS supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Device & Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. This team is represented in multiple countries, and continues to grow globally in both visibility and responsibility. The CLS team reports to Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain and partners closely with groups throughout the supply chain organization.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Director, Application Support, you are responsible for leading and maintaining the J&J Enterprise customer contracting systems (Integrated Contracting System – ICS and Contract Execution and Revenue Excellence – CORE) and system/contract related processes. You will work closely with IT, internal and external partners to understand J&J Operating Company customer contracting needs. These needs may include marketing, pricing, Go-to-Market and contracting strategies to operationalize these strategies so that they may be executed and adjudicated within the contracting systems. These systems, processes and capabilities enable business owners to implement and execute contracting strategies more efficiently and effectively.
• Support and/or lead key strategic projects and initiatives and new business opportunities
• Work collaboratively with all IT, Contracting, Sales & Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Government and Supply Chain stakeholders to ensure that new or improved contracting capabilities or changes integrate with other business processes for compliant, efficient and effective outcomes
• Lead and facilitate strategic business decisions within the regions via Channel Governance and Change Control Board
• You will be an integral member of the Contracting Competency Center Leadership Team and is expected to provide Director level leadership within the Competency Center, Contracting Strategy & Management Group, JJHCS and the Enterprise
• This position has direct reports and will be responsible for the day to day activities and management of the assigned areas
• Provide mentorship, counsel, development planning/mentoring, and performance feedback on a regular basis to team members
• On an ongoing basis, continue to expand their knowledge and experience by regular engagement with key partners to understand business processes, policies, strategies and evolving business trends
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required; MBA and/or Advanced degree preferred
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ related business experience required
• Requires demonstrated working knowledge of the end-to-end contract continuum from pricing/contract strategies through contract administration
• People management (direct or indirect leadership) is preferred
• General understanding of operating models within Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, or Consumer Healthcare preferred
• Experience working with global partners (i.e. cross-function, cross-company, etc.) preferred
• Requires project management experience and the ability to lead major projects
• PM certification (PMP/FPX) is a plus
• Lean/Six Sigma/PE certification preferred
• Proven track record and delivery of project and business objectives
• Contracting systems and software experience (i.e., Model N/Revitas) preferred
• Requires strong knowledge of MSOffice (including SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
• Position located in Piscataway, NJ, with 25% domestic travel required
United States-New Jersey-Piscataway
Johnson & Johnson HCS Inc. (6077)