Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director, Biologics Discovery High Throughput Expressions
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 6908190207
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Director, Biologics Discovery High Throughput Expression located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are seeking an independent and creative Associate Director to join our team. This role will collaborate with the functional groups within Biologics Discovery including, antibody generation, lead engineering, and new capabilities/technologies, to characterize and optimize lead molecule expression and deliver high quality lead proteins to the discovery teams.
This candidate will provide leadership and scientific expertise to support the biologics discovery workflow and pipeline. You will provide automation expertise to build a high throughput protein production platform to meet the needs of the expanding workflow in biologics. As a scientific leader in the department, the Associate Director will interact with functional areas to provide expertise for the discovery and development of protein therapeutics and cell-based therapies including CAR-T. The positions responsibilities also include therapeutic portfolio project leadership and cutting-edge protein production technology development.
The responsibilities of the Associate Director include:
- Lead a team of protein production scientists to matrix across discovery to progress our biologics portfolio
- Build automation processes for HTP protein production
- Develop an efficient and robust protein production process for multi-specifics protein therapeutics, CAR-Ts & viral therapeutics to drive optimal expression characteristics.
- Analyze and characterize expression profiles for lead selection
- Implement state-of-the-art and innovative technologies for improved capabilities and efficiencies within the BioTherapeutics department
- Accountable for defining functional and project strategies/plans for BioTherapeutics portfolio and platforms
- Present data and recommendations to upper management, internal and external to BioTherapeutics
- Initiate and maintain external collaborations to advance specific projects
- Lead Janssen BioTherapeutic portfolio projects from portfolio entry to IND-ready in partnership with the therapeutic area leader
- Supervise/manage Ph.D. and non-Ph.D. scientists
- Ph.D. degree focused on cell biology, protein chemistry, molecular biology, protein engineering or similar field with at least 6 years of experience in R&D (academic and/or industrial)
- Demonstrated ability to lead both with and without authority across functions
- Demonstrated ability to build automated processes for protein production
- Strong record of publications is preferred
- Practical experience in protein production/analytics
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)