Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Viral Vector Process Development - Upstream
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 6901191007
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Viral Vector Process Development – Upstream, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Senior Scientist in the Large Molecule (LM) Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) will work independently and in conjunction with appropriate teams to define scientific strategy and to support program/project needs. The candidate will also independently lead, design and perform development and characterization in support of upstream development of viral vectors. This role requires candidate can provide matrix leadership and support people development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Design, execute, and lead upstream process development experiments for lentivirus vectors and other biologic molecules (other viral vectors, vaccines etc.), including rational process design/development and characterization studies relevant to the stage of development.
• Drive innovation for viral vector process development including evaluation of new technologies, publications, and IP.
• Author and review documents for regulatory filings (IND, IMPD, BLA, MAA) and internal company use.
• Design experiments and provide relevant data to support responses for regulatory agencies.
• Create an environment of scientific excellence and advancement, including knowledge of current landscape, external engagement, and industry direction.
• PhD in Biochemical Engineering or Chemical Engineering or a related field with at least 4 years of relevant experience is required OR MS with at least 8-10 years of relevant experience OR a BS with at least 12 years of relevant experience is required.
• Proven proficiency and experience with upstream production of viral vectors and development of manufacturing processes suitable for GMP production is required.
• Experience developing procedures and transferring of the processes to cGMP facility is required.
• Experience leading technology and new platform development to generate new research ideas and initiatives is preferred.
• Effective communication skills and proven leadership in providing integration of activities and delivering information across multifunctional groups and sites is required.
• Experience working in matrix leadership and/or people development is required.
• Experience focusing on contributions to scientific literature and IP is preferred.
• Experience with authoring and reviewing regulatory filings (IND, IMPD, BLA, MAA) is preferred
• This position is based in Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% of domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)