Johnson & Johnson Careers
LCI SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT TEAM LEADER
Requisition ID: 6892180712
This position is responsible to lead the Solution Development Team efforts for the Lung Cancer Initiative, which is both a Cross Sector and World Without Disease initiative. Specifically, this individual will be responsible for the development and execution of the Solution Development portion of the LCI strategy, which is designed to prevent, intercept and cure lung cancer, creating both a world without disease, as well as creating $10 B of revenue for Johnson & Johnson over a 10 year period.
Key elements of success for this effort will begin with leadership of the most complex, strategically significant programs within the LCI. There will be multiple Senior Director SDTL’s, and the primary differentiator between this role and the Director SDTL roles will be the magnitude and complexity of programs they will directly lead and oversee. Beyond that, their responsibilities include developing both a short term and long term Solution Development strategy that acknowledges the existing capabilities and resources that exist within the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, while laying out a vision that is integrated with the overall Lung Cancer Initiative strategy. Based on that strategy, the needed internal talent will need to be identified, with an initial focus on how best to leverage the WWDA enabling capabilities that have already been identified as key elements for a future World Without Disease. In addition, this will require setting up key external partnerships to execute against this strategy. It is expected that new processes and procedures will be needed to operate most efficiently in this new paradigm, and this leader will work with the WWDA Leadership team to both develop and execute in this new paradigm. As part of the work with the external environment, this leader will work with key External Innovation personnel to determine potential funding mechanisms to access material amounts of capital to allow for the execution of this strategy.
The Solution Development Team Leader (SDTL) is responsible for direct leadership and oversight of the most complex and substantial programs in the LCI portfolio, development and execution of the solution strategy for a selected product, which could include a molecular entity, a drug/device combination, or other combinations of products necessary to deliver against the agreed TPP. In addition, they will be responsible for the operational implementation, delivered through the effective leadership of a cross-functional and cross-sector Solution Development Team (SDT). The SDTL is accountable for Phase 1-3 program related to the solution development program. The SDTL leads the team to develop solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner, and is responsible for the execution of the overall solution strategy. Team leadership via matrix interactions includes individuals from the World Without Disease Area Venture, global regulatory affairs, project management, finance, legal, quality assurance, and other key functions from the different sectors as relevant.
- Advanced Degree (Ph.D., M.D., M.B.A.) highly desirable
- A minimum of ten years of pharmaceutical industry or related experience overall and/or a minimum of five to seven years of drug development or related experience with the following competencies
- Experience in a leadership role within a multi-functional R&D organization
- Ability to integrate all cross functional disciplines into a successful strategy and project plan
- Understanding of requirements for successful commercialization of a new product
- Expert knowledge of the drug development process and the competitive environment
- Strong problem solving skills for developing creative solutions and meeting project objectives
- Demonstrated influence, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to influence without clear reporting authority
- Significant work experience in a leadership position in a team matrix environment
- Strong planning and tracking skills
- Demonstrated ability of strategic thinking and contingency planning with respect for Janssen Research & Development (JRD) objectives
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)