Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing (GSM) – Endocutters
Requisition ID: 6886181107
Ethicon, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing (GSM) – Endocutters located in Cincinnati, OH. The position may require up to 30% travel.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures, and energy based surgical devices. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity.
The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was started within Ethicon, and was separated and moved to Cincinnati, Ohio over 20 years ago, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today along with innovative energy devices for surgery.
Learn more at www.ethicon.com or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon.
The Sr. Marketing Manager, GSM Endocutters - will assist in shaping and executing the global marketing strategy to drive platform growth and profitability for the Ethicon Endocutter portfolio, focusing on planning and executing the overall evidence strategy to strengthen the Endocutter brand.
You will be responsible for planning and executing the overall evidence generation and execution strategy and ensuring that the plan aligns with the overall Endocutter strategy; facilitating clinical, Health Economic, and preclinical investment decisions by strategically framing alternatives and evaluating business impact; and providing guidance to regional partners on how to best disseminate the evidence in their particular regions. Further, you will provide direction for global growth opportunities to drive the Endocutter pipeline value. The individual will collaboration closely with R&D, HEMA, Clincal, Preclinical, Global Business Insights, Medical Affairs, and Regional Marketing.
In this role, you will:
- Shape the Endocutter evidence generation plan and implementation strategy and executing against it, including assessing customer and field sales needs, determining target procedures and customer segmentations, and developing the value proposition and overall business plan for our evidence launches.
- Collaborate as part of the Endocutter brand team to refine overall evidence strategy based on insights and ensure that this plan aligns with overall brand and new product launch initiatives
- Partner with Medical Affairs, clinical, preclinical, HEMA, and Specialty Marketing to ensure evidence is guided by emerging customer needs.
- Develop brand messaging around staple line hemostasis and craft objection handling materials and lead development of any brand critical product changes
- Regularly engage with customers and KOL’s to maintain a deep understanding of clinical needs and customer insights.
- Collaborate with Global Business Insights where necessary to execute market research initiatives around clinical needs and evaluation of evidence messaging.
- Provide commercial input to the clinical, preclinical, and HEMA groups to ensure that investments in future research are in line with overall Endocutter brand goals.
- Support regional commercial efforts as product subject matter expert by building a strong global community to encourage best practice sharing and to achieve overall business results
- Develop overall commercialization strategy, including positioning and messaging around low cost knock-off competitors. Where necessary, partner with R&D to test products to develop competitive claims against the competition.
- Build senior leader and organizational support for investments in new research and evidence
- Ensure applicable company compliance with all relevant country and regional requirements, company regulations, policies and procedures.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, Master's degree preferred
- A minimum of 8 years relevant business experience is required
- A minimum of 3 years of marketing experience is required
- Medical Device marketing and sales experience is highly preferred
- Previous regional in line marketing experience, and global strategic marketing experience preferred.
- Experience with Marketing Excellence/Mastery, including Launch Excellence principles is highly preferred.
- Experience in evidence generation and dissemination, including planning, prioritization, segmentation, and customer messaging preferred.
- Experience with global brand management, influencing a Medical Device sales force and new product launch preferred.
- Market knowledge in Thoracic, Bariatric, or Colorectal surgery is preferred.
- Excellent cross-functional and management influencing skills and ability to develop customer relationships required.
- Proven ability to think creatively, design strategic solutions to complex problems, and an eagerness to learn is required.
- Demonstrated experience developing and using customer insight required.
- Demonstrated competency building and executing marketing strategy required.
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully and lead high-performing cross-functional teams is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Ohio-Cincinnati-4545 Creek Road
Ethicon Inc. (6045)