Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Field Manager, Infectious Diseases Market Development - Janssen Biotech, Inc.
Requisition ID: 6885190612
Janssen Biotech, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting a for a Sr. Field Manager, Infectious Diseases (ID) Market Development located in Titusville, NJ, to lead the field-based Market Development team. This position will report to the Group Product Director, Consumer & Market Access Marketing and have a National scope with eight direct reports.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Biotech, Inc. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
- Strategically lead the national team of eight field-based Market Development Managers (MDMs) deployed in specified geographical areas to implement against priorities within the HIV business plan including:
- Expand patient access to our existing and future HIV portfolio
- Explore, identify and prioritize national/regional business opportunities that are aligned with current HIV brand strategies and future franchise opportunities.
- Build collaborative relationships with advocacy, policy and access influencers
- Shape management of HIV category by leading initiatives in the treatment of HIV including AIDS Drug Assistance Programs (ADAPs) and other emerging stakeholders, as appropriate
- Collaborate with the Strategic Customer Group (SCG) to ensure effective representation of HIV market & portfolio needs with payers
- Lead the successful implementation of a coordinated Market Development business plan with targeted objectives to achieve national success; ensure each MDM develops and implements a unique business plan for their own geography.
- Hire, train, coach, motivate & retain the team of MDMs
- Develop & expand MDM team competencies in areas such as access & reimbursement knowledge and local access acumen, ADAPs, partnering and relationship building, identification of new and expanding opportunities, account management etc.
- Think strategically and contribute to the HIV business plan, commercial brand strategy, MDM business plan, and future evolution & performance of the HIV franchise.
- Ensure alignment to key business strategies, provide feedback and key insights necessary to adapt and improve current national strategies and HIV marketing initiatives
- Build relationships with Population Health Decision Makers
- Stay up-to-date on the latest access and reimbursement issues and market trends to shape future opportunities and develop emerging stakeholder relationships
- Monitor policy discussions and activate internal colleagues and external collaborators when needed
- Work collaboratively with Marketing leadership to foster strategic partnerships with field sales, Strategic Customer Group, Medical Affairs and Regional Outcomes teams, as appropriate to address market needs and achieve business goals
This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of previous success and be able to operate with a big picture orientation with attention to detail. This candidate must effectively manage, coach, and develop a diverse field-based team and maintain deep integration with the Titusville-based marketing team. The candidate must communicate clearly and concisely, establish subject matter expertise and provide guidance on access and reimbursement at regional, state, and local level, deliver all projects compliantly and within budget, objectively assess MDM team impact on brand performance, and work both independently and in collaboration with team to achieve organization and brand goals.
At Johnson & Johnson we are responsible to our employees, the men and women who work with us throughout the world. Everyone must be considered as an individual. We must respect their dignity and recognize their merit.
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree is required
- Six (6) years of experience in sales/sales management, account management, market development, or marketing/marketing management is required
- A minimum of three (3) years of people management experience is required
- Previous HIV or specialty therapeutic area experience is preferred
- A strong command of managed markets and a working knowledge of public and private payers (including Medicaid, ADAP & Commercial, etc.) is preferred
- Experience in developing and implementing business plans, including effective deployment of resources is required
- The ability to travel, which may include overnight / weekend travel, up to 70% of the time, is required.
- A valid driver’s license issued in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States and a clean driving record is required
Position is based in either Titusville, NJ or field based with ability to travel to Titusville on a routine basis.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)
Marketing & Sales