Johnson & Johnson Careers
Microbiology Leader, Principal Scientist - Spring House, PA
Requisition ID: 6883190207
Janssen R&D LLC. is currently seeking to recruit a Microbiology Leader, Principal Scientist, for a new research and development team within the Infectious Diseases and Vaccines Therapeutic Area to be located in Spring House, PA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the employees of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.58 billion in revenue J&J generated in 2018, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Microbiology Leader, Principal Scientist, will be responsible for leading a new microbiology team focused on the discovery and development of novel antibacterial agents targeting key bacterial pathogens for infectious diseases associated with high unmet medical needs.
The Microbiology Leader, Principal Scientist, will:
- Lead a microbiology team in the characterization of contemporary clinical isolates of key bacterial pathogens including Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa and multi-drug resistant (MDR) variants thereof. Such activities will include the:
- Phenotypic and genotypic characterization of strains with regards to antibiotic resistance and virulence traits,
- Genetic manipulation of strains,
- Isolation, characterization and/or genetic manipulation of bacteriophage,
- Development and implementation of novel assays to characterize key virulence traits,
- Contribution to broader Janssen strategic initiatives in addressing MDR bacterial disease.
- Have a proven track record in antibacterial discovery and development and professional engagement with the broader antibacterial discovery and development community.
- Have a proven track record in the writing, preparation and publication of manuscripts in top-tier, peer reviewed journals.
- Have a proven track record in the synthesis, writing, preparation and review of regulatory submission documents.
- Have documented evidence in team building.
- Be expected to represent Janssen R&D LLC. in public settings.
- A PhD in Microbiology or related discipline plus 5 years related industry experience is required, OR a Master’s degree in Microbiology or related discipline plus 10 years related industry experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of related team leadership experience, including employee engagement, team-building and personnel management and mentoring, is required.
- Experience in antibiotic discovery and development is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be flexible, collaborative and deadline driven.
- Polished presentation, writing and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to build relationships across stakeholders – internally, externally and spanning global geographies – and ability to work up, down and lateral across the organization is required.
- Ability to develop programs from concept through to completion is required.
- Skilled in working with and managing agencies and consultants, and managing budgets is required.
- Position is located in Spring House, PA, and requires up to 15% domestic travel.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)