Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Top Down Mass Spectrometry and Informatics for the Cell Line Development Group in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as a Scientist in the Cell and Developability Sciences (CDS) group. This is an analytical protein characterization position using mass spectrometry. CDS is responsible for generating manufacturing cell lines for new molecules that will produce the desired protein therapeutic with both high titer and high product quality. The candidate will be part of a team developing and executing on MS based methods for deep characterization of therapeutic proteoforms and to rapidly screen clones for desired product quality attributes. In addition, methods for studying cellular function as it relates to culture viability, expression and post-translational modifications (PTM) are also in scope.
The Scientist will play a key role in improving our data analysis automation pipeline for both bottom-up and intact mass with the goal of minimizing human intervention. This scientist will be a subject matter expert in complex protein modifications, familiar with top down and bottom up characterization of proteins as well as the interpretation of complex data. Experience in computational mass-spectrometry is helpful.
- Drive implementation of an automated data analysis pipeline & the joint interpretation of bottom up, intact and top-down methods.
- Communicate results to other scientific staff members and project leaders in the form of written and oral communications.
- Collaborate with CDS members and other departments in discovery and development
- Maintain a laboratory notebook in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Author technical reports to support NME and IND filings.
- Contributing to defining scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting.
- PhD with 0-3 years of industry experience
- Expertise in Protein Mass Spectrometry is required
- Expertise in some or all areas of HPLC separations, proteomics, informatics and computational mass-spec
- Strong collaborative skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. This individual’s effort will directly support portfolio advancement and may be used in patent filings to support our therapeutic intellectual property.
- This role is based in Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)