Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist In Vivo Pharmacology, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Cardiovascular & Metabolism Discovery
Requisition ID: 6867190207
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist to be located in Spring House, PA.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
The Senior Associate Scientist will support drug discovery of novel therapeutics for pulmonary arterial hypertension. The position is a lab-based role and the primary responsibility of the Sr. Assoc. Sci. is to provide scientific and technical support for conducting research involving in vivo preclinical studies.
Responsibilities include study planning, hands-on study execution, analysis, troubleshooting and documentation according to best business practices. The qualified scientist needs to independently plan and execute experiments, to follow protocols, to document data, to troubleshoot problems, and to interpret data and communicate results.
The Senior Associate Scientist interprets and integrates data and makes recommendations for critical discovery project decisions and achievement of project goals. The candidate will pro-actively investigate, improve, change or adapt existing methods and techniques.
The candidate will work in a collaborative environment where ideas can be respectfully challenged to drive excellence and innovation. The qualified candidate will work in cross-functional teams, including program project teams and disease-specific working groups, with representatives from other discovery functions, translational medicine and biomarkers, to develop validation plans and execute on key experiments.
- M.S. with at least 6 years of relevant experience OR a B.S./B.A. with at least 9 years of experience, in the pharmaceutical industry or academic environment is required
- Demonstrated skills in performing in vivo pharmacological and mechanistic studies is required
- Experience with cell culture, assay development, and immunoassays are preferred
- Western blotting, ELISA, and MSD are preferred
- A background in cardiovascular basic research and in models of cardiovascular diseases is preferred
- Experience in the area of pulmonary arterial hypertension and hemodynamic assessments is preferred
- Working knowledge of pharmacology and/or drug discovery principles is preferred
- Expertise with pre-clinical inhaled delivery including experience with different delivery modalities (nebulized and dry powder, inhaled and intratracheal) is preferred
- Experience in industry is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)